IGNORED

Best Jazz Albums

Mike, might be productive to narrow your scope to a year, instrument or period. Maybe label. The is already a lot of meat on that bone in the album of the evening thread and this jazz trio thread

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f15-music-general/are-we-living-golden-age-jazz-piano-trio-18603/

Great suggestions, both from Mike and Booster.

However, here the librarian that is somewhat lost in me kicks in (I'm not very organized naturally but a bit anal about my music library):

How do you want to slice the cake? The natural ones would be indeed by period (e.g. Swing, Bebop, Hardbop, Fusion, Contemporary), dominant instrument type (eg guitar or vocal like in Mikes's examples), or by label (Blue Note, Prestige, Riverside, Concord).

The he thread that I started that Booster mentioned about the Jazz piano cuts both ways as it focuses of the Jazz piano trio re-emergence over the last 15 years.

Mike, are you ok with being a bit more specific? I have at least 20 albums that spring to mind immediately (Kind of Blue, Waltz for Debby, Köln Concert, Song For My Father, Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie, Ray Brown Live At The Loa, Something Else, Speak No Evil, The Blues And The Abstract Truth, etc., etc., etc.) that are all worth mentioning.

Great suggestions, both from Mike and Booster.

However, here the librarian that is somewhat lost in me kicks in (I'm not very organized naturally but a bit anal about my music library):

How do you want to slice the cake? The natural ones would be indeed by period (e.g. Swing, Bebop, Hardbop, Fusion, Contemporary), dominant instrument type (eg guitar or vocal like in Mikes's examples), or by label (Blue Note, Prestige, Riverside, Concord).

The he thread that I started that Booster mentioned about the Jazz piano cuts both ways as it focuses of the Jazz piano trio re-emergence over the last 15 years.

Mike, are you ok with being a bit more specific? I have at least 20 albums that spring to mind immediately (Kind of Blue, Waltz for Debby, Köln Concert, Song For My Father, Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie, Ray Brown Live At The Loa, Something Else, Speak No Evil, The Blues And The Abstract Truth, etc., etc., etc.) that are all worth mentioning.

Yea, i have no problem changing it, but maybe i am too new because i can't edit the subject...i actually tried that a little while ago, before anybody replied (grin). Yea, i saw the thread that jazz trio thread, but i wanted to pick something that didn't limit to that, or limit to recent years. I also saw the thread about the one every night, but that is just TOO broad. ...hmm...happy to let the thread die or if someone else can rename the thread...

• 3 weeks later...

1. Kind of Blue, Miles Davis

2. Crescent, John Coltrane

3. Soul Station, Hank Mobley

4. Night Train, Oscar Peterson

5. Sunday at the Village Vanguard, Bill Evans

6. Louis Armstrong with Oscar Peterson trio

7. Weather Report, Tale spinnin'

8. Brad Meldhau the Art of the Trio vol. 2

9. Cedar Walton 4tet feut. Bob berg ,Second Set.

10. Michael Brecker, Time is of the Essence.1787833.jpg