IGNORED

Many of you may have heard of her, but she's new for me...

She has some interpretations of songs that are just outstanding.

If you are into buying physical media, Imagine is the CD to buy, IMHO.

Check out her versions of Early Morning Rain, Imagine, It Doesn't Matter Anymore, You've Changed and Who Knows Where the Time Goes.

Songbird also has fine versions of Fields of Gold and Over the Rainbow.

Damn it man, I just interrupted Beethoven's late quartets to tune into Eva. Listening to "Over The Rainbow" got me all stirred up. Eva's voice is much like Bonnie Bramlett, very clean and pure with a dead on perfect pitch - no auto tune going on there. Thanks for the memory bump Mike.

Now, back to Mr. B, but I'm having trouble shaking the image of Chris Walken from my head.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

I do like Eva. Live at Blues Alley is a good one. It is some of the upper echelon of audiophile CDs sound wise.

Folder.jpg

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps

I do like Eva. Live at Blues Alley is a good one. It is some of the upper echelon of audiophile CDs sound wise.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10805[/ATTACH]

Her best and as you indicate one of the better "audiophile CDs". To think she wasn't happy with the sound of her voice on the recording because she had a cold.

I have the vinyl album of "Songbird" IIRC that Steve Hoffman engineered from the master tapes. Even though I am a classical music fan, it may be the record that I have played the most in my collection. My favorite cut is the cover of Sting's song "Fields of Gold." After having the album for several years, I finally heard Sting's version. Cassidy's version is sooo much better. Glad you found her. Thanks for pointing to the ABC Nightlight story. I had never seen that.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Check out her versions of Early Morning Rain, Imagine, It Doesn't Matter Anymore, You've Changed and Who Knows Where the Time Goes.

I just bought songbird on ebay yesterday....yea, i don't buy much physical media at all (besides vinyl for collecting purposes), but that is one cd i wanted to buy to rip for myself!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10805[/ATTACH]

I will start the hunt for this and some of the others that have been mentioned.

I actually discovered her when i was doing a google search for "best female jazz vocalist". I have always enjoyed jazz in the past, but never cared for too many with vocals..then I heard norah jones, and have been addicted to female jazz vocalists ever since....which hasn't been that long (grin). When heard autumn leaves by eva, i was instantly hooked...Diana Krall is also amazing...i think between those 3, i am in heaven!

I have the vinyl album of "Songbird" IIRC that Steve Hoffman engineered from the master tapes. Even though I am a classical music fan, it may be the record that I have played the most in my collection. My favorite cut is the cover of Sting's song "Fields of Gold." After having the album for several years, I finally heard Sting's version. Cassidy's version is sooo much better. Glad you found her. Thanks for pointing to the ABC Nightlight story. I had never seen that.

Larry

Glad you enjoyed the ABC nightline story...i will check out "Fields of Gold".

I was just thinking about cd media...i hate buying any because i think i have about 500 or more, and that is even after selling about 500 of them (grin). I wonder if there is a site where you can swap cd's? LIke maybe 20 at a time....that would be neat?

You do realize that it is illegal to rip a CD and then sell it?

I was just thinking about cd media...i hate buying any because i think i have about 500 or more, and that is even after selling about 500 of them (grin). I wonder if there is a site where you can swap cd's? LIke maybe 20 at a time....that would be neat?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Three musicians that have similar stories, although variations of a similar theme is Eva Cassidy, Nick Drake and Sixto Rodriguez.

Sixto still lives and I just wish someone would take his master tapes and remaster them as his music is also timeless although his CDs are not the best mixed.

All very special music.