IGNORED

Misheard lyrics - can you give (funny!) examples

My partner used to think that Elvis Presley's "Rubberneckin'" was "Rubbin' nekkid (naked)" - perhaps not appropriate for the kids.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

In "All My Trials"

Joan Baez sings:

If living were a thing that money could buy,

then the rich would live and the poor would die."

Peter Paul and Mary sing:

"If religion were a thing that money could buy,

then the rich would live and the poor would die."

The first one makes more sense.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Hi All,

Thanks for the input... Most of them I heard of before, but forgot.

I am going to do a little test with my colleagues to see what the make of Tom Browne's "Funkin'for Jamaica"

Jamaica Funk - that's what it is

let it get into you

When I was a kid I always heard:

To make a f*ck - that is what it is

Let him get into you

I still think that is what she really sings :)

“We are the Audiodrones. Lower your skepticism and surrender your wallets. We will add your cash and savings to our own. Your mindset will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” - (Quote from Star Trek: The Audiophile Generation)

I always heard the Manfred Mann's Earth Band's song 'Blinded by the Light' lyric as "Rapped up like a douche, Another rumour in the night".

That's a classic.

It's actually a Springsteen composition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_by_the_light

"Manfred Mann's Earth Band's recording of the song features several changed lyrics. The most prominent change is in the chorus, where Springsteen's "cut loose like a deuce" is replaced with "revved up like a deuce."[2][3][4] This is commonly misheard as "wrapped up like a douche (the V sound in "revved" is almost unpronounced, and the S sound in "deuce" comes across as "SH" due to a significant lisp)."[5][6] Springsteen himself has joked about the controversy, claiming that it was not until Manfred Mann rewrote the song to be about a feminine hygiene product that it became popular.[7]"

I've not heard the original but I'm gonna guess Springsteen's version crushes Manfred Mann's hackery.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

I've not heard the original but I'm gonna guess Springsteen's version crushes Manfred Mann's hackery.

Yup.

First album, "Greetings from Asbury Park."

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

First album, "Greetings from Asbury Park."

I was slow to appreciate Springsteen (my favorite Bruce is Bruce Cockburn). Many of my college friends were all about Springsteen, especially ones from the East coast. But I was "meh".

Then I heard the Woody Guthrie tribute album ("til we outnumber 'em") about 10-12 years ago. Many great artists gave great performances, perhaps the best of these was Springsteen covering "Plane Wreck at Los Gatos". I had never heard Springsteen unplugged. Wow! I now have, maybe, 8 Springsteen albums (mostly CDs but also one LP).

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables