IGNORED

Meridian Director strange problem

Ja neznam dali mozete da me razumijete ali hocu da vama pomognem

1.Imam Meridian explorer dac koi je momentalno povezan na ThinkPad X230 koi ima Windows 8.1 operativni sitem i uklucen na Usb3 (drajver od Meridijana sam lakocom instalirao )radi savrseno sa svim playerima i to kako prvi bih pomenuo licencirani Album Player koi je zasad zvucno najbolji ali se nemoze podesavati sample ratet (kako je flac skinut tako ga reprodukuje ako je na 41 kHZ onda svetli jedna lampa na Meridijanu ako ja 24-192 svetle sve tri )naravno sa Asio4all a sada koristim MusicBee 2.3 koi je prakticnii a i zvucno je odlican i u preferences mozes ga milim bogom podesavati svira sva audio codec ,otkud kod Vas problem sa Meridijanom ,preporuka da ne koristite JRiver cracovan je strasno ostar a Foobar2000 1.3.1 je dobar pozz

Finally got a reply from Meridian:-

"I must apologise because since we last spoke, we have been able to carry out further testing and have found that when using the Director DAC with USB3 enabled computers, it will not allow playback of any sample-rates above 44kHz although the Explorer will perform ok.

It is actually a compatibility issue between the USB3 interface and one of the internal components used within the DAC circuitry (not your computer!) . We are currently in communications with the supplier of this part to try and find a resolution as soon as we can."

Great

so we were right!

We'll have to send back our dac to fix the problem,as happened to Toyota Prius owners?I think so.

This the side of internet i like ....someone else Director owner will share this problem and find answer here.

Anyway it 's a very odd thing that a well known and respected brand like Meridian put on the market a product

with such a gross fault.....all new Pc are usb 3.0 equipped.

Ciao

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes but idid'nt manage how to work i out!

They offer this new firmware ,but they don't explain what to do .

I downloaded the 1660 file for the director ;it is an exe file :when you aplly a window opens,and then you have to put

a .bin file.Perhaps it's my fault but i did not succed to meke it work.

Does anyone can help me ?

Thank you in advanc e for your support

I'm travelling and dont have my Director with me at the moment so can't help. Wont have it for another 3 weeks. If you find a solution please post it here.

Thanks

Thank you cbee for your kind and quick response .

I will try in the week end ,and if i'll find a solution i'll let you know.

Were you able to make it work their firmware ?

Ciao

I only discovered the update while I was travelling, so I have not been able to try it yet. But I downloaded the update and I see that when you extract the zip file there is a DACUploader program and 2 bin files. I assume you choose these bin files in the DACUploader and it installs them.

I only discovered the update while I was travelling, so I have not been able to try it yet. But I downloaded the update and I see that when you extract the zip file there is a DACUploader program and 2 bin files. I assume you choose these bin files in the DACUploader and it installs them.

That's the very same i did ,but nothing happened;anyway i was in a hurry ,maybe i've mistaken something.

Tomorrow i'lltry again and let you know .

ciao ,buonanotte

That's the very same i did ,but nothing happened;anyway i was in a hurry ,maybe i've mistaken something.

Tomorrow i'lltry again and let you know .

ciao ,buonanotte

No way ,i've tried to put that binary file in evey mode ,it doesn't work.

Maybe ,when you come back home and try ,let me know.

ciao

There is a software update from March 2015 - WINDOWS DRIVER V1.67_17. Have you installed this first? Maybe its needed before installing the USB3 fix?

Yes ,i did .It was the first thing i did on my 3 pc with j-river installed .

Thank you for your suggestion .

Maybe it's time for a new dac ?

Sob!

Hello,

I had a quite long email thread with Meridian Support.

After that, they have finally uploaded the correct firmware package for updating the Director firmware.

The previous did not work: no way to load the .bin file

Please check and download it from the Meridian Director webpage.

Regards,

Stefano

Hello,

I had a quite long email thread with Meridian Support.

After that, they have finally uploaded the correct firmware package for updating the Director firmware.

The previous did not work: no way to load the .bin file

Please check and download it from the Meridian Director webpage.

Regards,

Stefano

Thank you Stefano

I'll try as sonn as possible