IGNORED

Sony UDA1 - First Thoughts

Couldn't see any owners threads so here goes.

Sound is great and more than enough power with my PMC DB1s for desktop use.

Very low noise floor

Async USB Support

Up to 32/192 PCM (Tested)

Up to DSD-128 (Tested)

Raw DSD over ASIO support using Asio-Raw (Not DOP)

DSD Streaming works with Sony Hires Player or JRivers but not Foobar + SACD plugin

Foobar won't output DSD without the proxy as it doesn't support DoP. The only way to make it work is installing foo_dsd_output and choosing it as Foobar's output then set it up to use you DAC's ASIO driver I've tested it in a few DACs and has always worked perfectly.

I tried this with all three DOP settings, some crashed Foobar and others just resulted in silence with no detection o DSD on the amp.

Sony's DSD player which uses ASIO marks the amp "Decode mode" as "DSD Native" and "DSD over PCM" is greyed out. Jrivers works for Raw DSD as long as DSD bit streaming is set regardless of if DOP is ticked or not.

I tried this with all three DOP settings, some crashed Foobar and others just resulted in silence with no detection o DSD on the amp.

In the Proxy setup window, under "ASIO Driver" you should select the Sony's one and under "DSD Playback Method" select "ASIO Native". Also don't forget to set the SACD plugin to output DSD.

BTW, I assume you are using SACD plugin 0.6.6 and ASIO Proxy 0.6.5, correct?

And you have also tried setting up "foo_dsd_asio" like this:

ASIO01.jpg

JavierS was faster ...

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II