IGNORED

HD Tracks Ordering and Checkout ?

Just wondering why the checkout process is so slow and cumbersome, and frankly irritating.

Yeah I know, a first world problem, but this problem is unique to the redesign and relaunch of the website.

Basically, every single order requires you to fill in customer information data (Address, phone number, city, state) that should be saved (you would assume) if you are a repeat customer.

Any other internet site I purchase from (Like Amazon) saves all your personal data after one purchase, so you speed through the transaction.

You couldn't be more right. I also find it annoying how every time you logon to the site, it goes to your user page. So if you've followed a link to a page for a specific album, once you login you have to find that page again.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

You couldn't be more right. I also find it annoying how every time you logon to the site, it goes to your user page. So if you've followed a link to a page for a specific album, once you login you have to find that page again.

Yes, very "clunky" browser experience in Chrome (No Plug ins for troubleshooting) and Firefox for me.

Their site is such an absolute piece of total garbage now.

I get excited to buy something from them every now and then, go to their site, fuss with it, get frustrated and leave without making a purchase. They must be losing tons of cash. They'd be better off reverting to their old, functioning site.

Just wondering why the checkout process is so slow and cumbersome, and frankly irritating.

Yeah I know, a first world problem, but this problem is unique to the redesign and relaunch of the website.

Basically, every single order requires you to fill in customer information data (Address, phone number, city, state) that should be saved (you would assume) if you are a repeat customer.

Any other internet site I purchase from (Like Amazon) saves all your personal data after one purchase, so you speed through the transaction.

While I agree that the site has a very poor layout and implementation I was only required on my first purchase on the new site to fill in the customer information. I have not been required to do so in subsequent purchases.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
While I agree that the site has a very poor layout and implementation I was only required on my first purchase on the new site to fill in the customer information. I have not been required to do so in subsequent purchases.

I use PayPal and now have to fill in the information every time I make a purchase. This was not the case a while ago with their site. I find it quite annoying and can't understand why the Chesky brothers don't hire someone with the requisite expertise to eliminate the many problems with their website.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I use PayPal and now have to fill in the information every time I make a purchase. This was not the case a while ago with their site. I find it quite annoying and can't understand why the Chesky brothers don't hire someone with the requisite expertise to eliminate the many problems with their website.

I also use Paypal.

I just went to the site and checked my account because I knew I had not purchased much recently. My last two purchases were 2/1/14 and 12/27/13 so it has been working recently. I do recall early on when the site launched what you describe was a problem but there were instructions on first login for saving your information which I followed and as I said I have not had the issue. Have you contacted customer service asking how you can resolve the issue?

Frank Zappa
I also use Paypal.

I just went to the site and checked my account because I knew I had not purchased much recently. My last two purchases were 2/1/14 and 12/27/13 so it has been working recently. I do recall early on when the site launched what you describe was a problem but there were instructions on first login for saving your information which I followed and as I said I have not had the issue. Have you contacted customer service asking how you can resolve the issue?

Thanks for the suggestion, but there are reasons why I do not want to contact customer service.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I have the same problem. Both Paypal and HDTracks have my full address, etc. on file, but with each checkout I'm forced to re-enter it before HDTracks will accept my order. Very irritating.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I had thought it was mainly people that were outside the US having problems accessing and paying but I guess not. It always mystifies me when there are these seemingly random problems. Just this week at work there was a "system wide" problem with one of our online tools yet only about 20% of our people locally including me were effected.

Frank Zappa

All the really skilled programmers are busy working on government heath care websites. Seriously, I have given up on HD Tracks until I hear they have fixed the site. Too many other alternatives.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

I wrote them and pointed out this thread, and added a few of my own comments about the site.

They responded that the comments had been brought to the attention of the appropriate people.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Same here. If I wait a week, I can often get the same new title from Acoustic Sounds. I used to get excited to buy from HDTracks on Wednesday mornings (typically). Now I just glance but rarely buy (the large collections being an exception, as well as some older titles such as a recent Johnny Cash purchase).

The (often) broken search function requires I search using Google!!! The (for me) broken checkout system requires reentry of different data each time (phone number this time, address next time, both the time after that, etc). I've all but given up on HDT in favor of AS (and other sites, that I am finding and enjoying their offerings). Heck, I find ordering a used CD off Amazon and waiting a week less frustrating than the search and checkout functions of HDT.

Best,

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

Hmmm, maybe it's based on storing cookies? I use a pretty thorough browser cache cleaner and cookies get wiped regularly. But again, it doesn't happen on Amazon or Newegg, for example.