IGNORED

Diet has Significant Impact to Your Hearing for Audio

Bunny

I assume everyone knows that everything that Bunny posts is made up, and is an attempt to ridicule some or all of the members here?

Incorrect. Everything I say on internet is not made up. I simply reported what I found about diet having impact on hearing. For me, the difference is gigantic.

Beta-carotene helps maintaining vision (it is converted to vitamin A). So increasing amount of carrots should help on that front. Blueberries also contain ingredients that help vision.

I'm sure the carrots help with the vision to some degree, but the oranges were much more effective to me with my eyes. The removed the tiredness of my eyes and improved vision more. Maybe because I didn't eat enough carrots. I only add 2 or 3 in the mixer.

Seriously though, Magnesium has a part to play with hearing, and is used by U.S. Navy Seals who have suffered hearing damage due to exposure to gunfire etc. It also plays a key role in Blood Pressure regulation. Unsalted Cashews are among those foods that are a good source of Magnesium.

Thanks for supportive statement about diet having impact on hearing.

Of course, but as it has been said elsewhere... It's wrabbit season! We just tend to hunt in a most civilized and humor filled manner.

Paul, don't be afraid. Don't pretend like you don't support me so that others can respect you more. What they (skeptics) tell you isn't always correct. You end up getting brainwashed, like you have already. Be yourself. It will show more character about you. ;)

Guys, girls, grandma, grandpa, uncles, aunts, nephews, cats, dogs, gerbils, ....

I did more testing in the last week. It has been verified that I have to have at least 3 cups of fruit / veggy juice to see a big gain in hearing. The food has to be natural, not cooked or pre-made over the counter stuff. It has to be from produce.

As long as I have at least 3 cups of this juice in empty stomach, the benefit is noticeable greatly. You can't have any meal during this time as it interferes with the fruit veggy benefiting your body. You don't want to mix. If you do, you gotta drink more juice. Empty stomach with 4 or 5 cups was even better. My ears opened up more and I can hear high frequencies really well.

My right ear hearing isn't as good as my left. I also have ringing in my right ear. When I eat bad food my ears go numb. And the ringing in my right ear goes away. BUT, if I eat fruit / veggy on empty stomach the ringing in my right ear returns, but I can still hear much better. Everything is opened up like the gate wide open. This is interesting.

If I eat a lot of fruit / veggy, and have a dinner afterwards, my hearing continues in good condition. The bad food I ate was still dominated by fruit veggy. It depends how much you put in the body and that's what you will get. It's proportional, just like math and mommy nature.

Great teaching from Bunny,

bunny

• Windows PC + Creative EMU0404 USB DAC w/ stock USB cable
  • Focal CMS 65 speakers
  • Very hyper-end Power cables for all components

This particular type of Bunny Q-Tips® are very good to improve hearing. But please don't ingest it, because you will have nightmares...!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10944[/ATTACH]

Available only on selected HR audiophile stores.

Roch

I am not sure about cleaning my ear canals with Q-tips. What solvent do you use to clean yours? I am afraid the solvent might damage nerves in the ear in any way. Also the q-tip stick itself could damage my ears if you use it wrong.

I am open for suggestion on cleaning ear part. I know my ears are dirty but that's beside the point of diet impacting hearing.

bunny

• Focal CMS 65 speakers

I am not sure about cleaning my ear canals with Q-tips. What solvent do you use to clean yours? I am afraid the solvent might damage nerves in the ear in any way. Also the q-tip stick itself could damage my ears if you use it wrong.

I am open for suggestion on cleaning ear part. I know my ears are dirty but that's beside the point of diet impacting hearing.

bunny

A few drops of Cerumol®: Cerumol

Then Bunny Q-Tips® impregnated with some Lysol®

Because Lysol® hurts a little you must ingest Tequila Hornitos Reposado®, 3 ounces for each 50 pounds of body weight, about 15 minutes before (on an empty stomach). Please take note that this Tequila is the hardest to get even in Mexico (Germany is consuming most).

hornitos-reposado.jpg

Good luck,

Roch

P.D.: More than 3 ounces / 50 pounds body weight lower your hearing capacity about 1 db per extra ounce.

P.D.: More than 3 ounces / 50 pounds body weight lower your hearing capacity about 1 db per extra ounce.

Roch,

Have you tested this?

K2

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Of course, ha,ha,ha... By DDT (Double Deaf Test)

Thanks God Hornitos is hard to get.

Roch

Hi Roch,

I cannot stop myself from asking this question, so here it goes:

Does Hornitos improve one's sex-life?

Peter :)

“We are the Audiodrones. Lower your skepticism and surrender your wallets. We will add your cash and savings to our own. Your mindset will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” - (Quote from Star Trek: The Audiophile Generation)

Umm I don't know if I want to clean my ears. I'll leave them alone as I don't want to take chance ruining them.

With the new practice of my semi-veggy / carnivore diet my hearing has been improved for audio. But it's not good enough. My hearing fluctuated very drastically, up and down up and down it was crazy. That's what happens when you eat bad food and good food making your body to get confused.

Bunny would like to make an official announcement at the press conference. He would like news reporters to take pics and interview him for any questions. A few days back, after talking with my best friend I have decided to transition to 95% Vegan diet program effective starting next week. I would like to deeply thank my best friend Patrick at Sweden and his wife who is a nutritionist and helped greatly in this matter. And this is my approach for this specific diet:

- Zero consumption of animal based food (beef, chicken, poultry, fish, dairy products (milk, egg, butter, coffeemate, cheese, etc)

- Minimal consumption of chemically processed food (foods off-the-shelf that contains preservatives and other chemical ingredients)

- No alcohol and soda beverages

- No tap water (chlorine contaminated) - This is Bunny's idea

My vegan diet is bit modified. Hey, I gotta have sweets on the weekend-only (Caramel Pie). I just don't see how I can survive without it. :( So there, 95% Vegan.

I will continue with the fruit / veggy juice mix, but will be modified by adding two additional items:

• 1 bunch of Broccoli
  • 3 Carrots
  • 1 Apple with seeds
  • 2 Oranges
  • 1 Kiwi (replacement of Pomegranate)

• 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds

This will turn into super mix drink in the world.

For meals:

Have my Mommy cook me Seaweed soup with Brown rice and Black beans regularly. I get free food supplies from my Mommy on the weekend. Seaweed soup for one week, Soybean tofu soup on the other week. Switch back and forth. This will cover all sorts of crazy amount of nutrition including good quantity of Omega 3 Fatty Acid as well as protein.

Take daily Vitamin B12 and D2 supplements.

Eat Caramel pie on Saturday and Sunday.

Eat small amount of meal at a time, not too much because it numbs your ears temporarily. Never ever eat too much or you will go to sleep.

I already did Amazon internet grocery shopping for the Chia seeds and vitamins because I just got $40 tax refund from local state. I have $40.11 in my bank account. Spent $39 for these. I will have 1 dollar left.

I don't have money to buy brown rice and black beans. I'll have to wait till my next pay check. My electric bill went skyrocket. It's going to be bad time spending money. :( I already underpaid my previous electric bill cause I couldn't afford it. :(

I'm gonna ask my Mommy if I can get free brown rice and black beans for a little while.

I don't know man, I don't think I will have money to buy caramel pie, unless I charge. :(

The supply should arrive early next week. Food supply will be picked up from my Mommy's house this weekend.

Umm stay tuned?

:D

bunny

• Focal CMS 65 speakers

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update.

My Mommy agreed to cook me seaweed soup once every other week, more than enough to last a whole week. In the other week she may cook me some soybean soup or something. I told Mom "It has to be natural food from plant kingdom from land and ocean. No animal protein".

Here is what I have been doing daily:

- Come home from work. Drink a cup of fruit veggy juice every hour until I finish 3 cups while listening to music or watching music videos. This juice now contains 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds. I didn't get Kiwi because they are too expensive and so tiny. I also take a Vitamin B12 supplement while taking the juice.

- About quarter after 10PM I eat Seaweed soup with brown rice and black beans. Very very very healthful.

I've been doing this for nearly a week now.

What I have found out is that before I went on to vegan diet I was able to hear high frequency sound really well, as if my ears got wide open. The sound was clear, open, crisp, airy, to the highest peak! And like I said before, my hearing fluctuated a lot. If I eat some bad food my ears get numb. Had to drink a lot of fruits veggy juice again to regain high frequency hearing. BUT.... after adjusting to vegan diet (no meat, no dairy what-so-ever) in a week so far my hearing seems to be "stabilizing". I don't seem to get drastic change in hearing like I was before. The high frequency tone wasn't equally as good as when I was with veggy diet, but pretty darn close. But the interesting thing is that I can hear high frequency hidden details better, especially in the side and background of the soundstage. There seems to be another dimension where these details come from, so I can't tell you it's the background stage or what since it's coming in the 4th dimension. Very fine quality of hearing. Also the mid to lower frequencies are improved too. The hearing seems more stable. My ears feel solid. The ringing in my right ear has reduced noticeably, not feel clogged up.

To be honest I liked the highest frequency and openness / silkiness a little better in the veggy diet. In car analogy it was like I'm in a Ferrari Enzo with 10,000 rpm engine revving, amazing feel. The only downside was that my hearing used to go UP and DOWN like a rollercoaster which was just retarded.

It's still early to tell as it takes more time for the body to take effect on the vegan diet. If I find something more interesting I'll let ya know.

Like I said I'm merely reporting my experience with such diet. I'm not writing a book of science or anything...

......... and yes, I still eat Caramel Apple pie on the weekend.

bunny

• Focal CMS 65 speakers

Oh, so it is caramel apple pie. I was wondering, as I have never heard of caramel pie.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Oh, so it is caramel apple pie. I was wondering, as I have never heard of caramel pie.

No the caramel apple pie doesn't help, it makes it worse for me. It help deafens my ears and gives rough sound in some high frequencies. And it takes a while for the bad effect to go away. That's why I eat it only on weekend at night before I go to bed. If I eat it in the morning or daytime my hearing is ruined... have to eat a lot of fruit veggy to gain some back by night time. Gotta have caramel apple pie or I'll die...

bunny

• Focal CMS 65 speakers

• 4 weeks later...

I had seaweed soup for one week in the past. Nothing but seaweed soup (with brown rice and black beans). The sound was retarded good entering into my brain. The treble frequencies were extremely open and I can hear its cold sound really really good. The instruments in the soundstage was distinct and separated with crisp sparks. I thought maybe this was just coincidence but that was not true because I was getting consistently getting the same effect as long as I kept eating seaweed soup. The effect was so powerful and strong that having a bar of chocolate or a piece of pie didn't cause too much negative impact on hearing. I was able to regain hearing not long after.

I then switched to eating soybean soup for one week that includes some green veggy and tofu. The effect on sound interpreted by my brain wasn't as promising. It did not numb or plug my ears for some openness of sound but I wasn't getting enough treble frequencies and some details lost. The sound was also a little harsh. The dynamic range decreased (lack contrast) and volume of sound decreased. I had to keep turning up the volume to hear sound. I don't know if this is coincidence or what but it hasn't been good for all week lately since I had been on soybean soup diet. I don't make any radical change during diet testing. I eat at about same time and I don't eat junk food on week days, so that I can have more consistent results.

I think seaweed trumps the soybean for hearing... I don't know my test could still be not that accurate. I found this article about seaweed - http://farmasea.com/seaweed-shown-to-im ... -benefits/

Seaweed Soup Vs Raw Fruit Veggy Juice Mix

I switched back to Seaweed soup since last weekend. A few days later my hearing changed gradually. I can hear the high frequencies really well, every bit of it! to the highest frequencies! In this frequency region I can hear more details, more separation between instruments / elements. They appear in multiple dimensions, clearly and distinctively. The separation is incredible. Nothing blends into a single sound and they form as beautiful melody, very pleasant sound. No fatiguing, no harshness, and I can hear EVERYTHING! And I am able to listen with LOW volumes, at least 15~ 20% lower and still hear more than I was with Soybean soup.

Large consumption of fruit / veggy juice alone gave highest frequencies, VERY COLD, like around -210F. It was awesome experience to listen to this quality of treble sounds. The detail in the separate dimensions were OK, but not as good as Seaweed soup alone provides. Seaweed soup's treble sound gave me the feeling of -190F, but with sweeter treble sound and more details in and around the soundstage. Fruit / veggy juice, while sounding super cold, seemed to have slight fatigue and slight less detail. I wonder it because it sounded too cold? don't know. But this good hearing did not last, it was short "bursts", maybe by a few hours or so.

Seaweed soup had the LONGEST effect on sound. Soon after having seaweed soup and food being digested, I was still able to hear such great sound, maybe not at peak level, but at 90% at least. After 30 minutes it reached near 100%. And I ate 12 oz of sweet pie at night before I went to bed. Usually eating this kind of stuff lasts 24 hours before you could regain good hearing. This isn't the case with Seaweed soup. My hearing retained to about 90% when I got home at 6PM from work and listen to music. That is SIGNIFICANTLY better than when I was with Soybean soup diet. Soybean soup diet beat carnivore diet easily, there is a BIG difference. With carnivore diet my ears were literally PLUGED UP, I couldn't hear shit, no high frequencies. From my findings so far Seaweed soup has the longest great hearing effect. It must be some strong stuff! lol.

Seaweed soup really works, to the fullest! at least for me that is. It's really amazing. I would suggest you to try consuming lots of seaweed. Last night I was so touched by sound when watching some of the videos with girls singing in performance. It was a heaven. Totally different dimension I was in it. The treble was better than real. This was not possible in real life, I know it. I almost cried, seriously.

So Seaweed soup blew the doors off Soybean soup in hearing performance. While raw fruit veggy juice mix was a very close contender to the Seaweed soup still outpaced it. This is some strong stuff. Pwnage....

I would like to make formal statement in the press conference that I can now control my hearing with diet, from muddy, dull, harsh sounding to hyper crisp, open, and detailed sound with silkiness (no harshness). To maintain the latter I have to be on full-time vegan diet, absolutely no meat, no dairy products, no junk food, no alcohol, and keep the processed food at minimum.

I know you guys are not liking what you read here because ice cream cone and twinkies make sound worse. If twinkies is the higher priority to you, then be my guest. Also note that if your ears become real good from the diet you might not get the best result if your stereo system actually has edgy / distorting sound. Your ears will hear closer to exactly what system provides in sound. So this will depend on your audio system too.

bunny

• Focal CMS 65 speakers

I'm curious. Does anyone actually read any of Bunny's posts re this diet stuff?

I'm starting a poll right here. Just respond yea or nay.

Bunny, do you think anyone reads your posts?

Chris

P.S. Nay for me. (Other than a few lines in one or two of them).

I'm sorry ... but good tasting food trumps good sound for me!!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Does anyone actually read any of Bunny's posts re this diet stuff?

Just respond yea or nay.

Yea.

(But only to have a grasp on the context of the responses, which are often quite entertaining, & the only reason i bother in the first place)

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Like what Alain said people would have to be reading this thread in order to see and respond to your post. I would like to vote Yea. And to answer your question, yes, people are reading them. Whether they believe it or not is their call. I want to help out audiophiles if I can.

I'm sorry ... but good tasting food trumps good sound for me!!

There is a hope. If you eat more good food than bad food, the good food can dominate with good nutrients into your body, as a result you can have better health and hearing. Seaweed soup (if you eat large amount each time) with rice can fight off sweet pie or cookies more easily and quickly. It lasted me 6~ 8 hours to fight off. I would recommend try eating Seaweed soup everyday, and add some chia seeds. It is extremely healthy food. You can eat the ice cream cone late at night right before jumping to bed.

Hi Chris,

Answering "Yea" or "Nay" will mean that I checked this thread ;)

Poetry ? Bunny is funny, maybe phony but it may be just me ;)

Alain

Thanks for enjoying reading my posts. All these are my honest posts. Vegan diet is amazing. I've been on this diet for over 2 weeks now. I feel so healthy and strong I felt like going outside butt naked, lift a telephone boot and run around the block.

bunny

• Focal CMS 65 speakers

Hi Bunny,

But...what about pesticides and GMOs ? They are all around us and though we wash our fruits and vegetables...?

Alain

I haven't had any ill effect from consuming pesticides in fruits and vegetables for hearing. But for health, yes you're right it's not good. Broccoli is least contaminated by pesticides. Raw Pineapple is also least affected by such poisoning. Apple is no good as it has very thin skin and the poison gets absorbed into apple. Strawberry is even worse. Peaches are bad too, they do great job absorbing poison. I would suggest eating broccoli, it has all sorts of nutrition and also has good amount of magnesium which help promotes good hearing. Carrots shouldn't be bad either.

As far as GMO is concerned for fruit/veggies, I know it's bad for health, but still better to eat fruits and veggys than not eating them or replacing them with animal based diet. Organic fruits and vegetables would be best. I can't afford such because I spent all on power cables so I'm beyond broke. Don't even have money to pay all of my electric bill for months. I used to wash apples with dish soap before putting them into mixer but I stopped buying them because I can't afford them. So now, just broccoli, carrots, oranges, and chia seeds for juicing.

GMO's on the rest, such as canned foods, frozen foods, pretty much majority of stuff off the shelf at groceries are bad and help you get cancer. How GMO's affect hearing I don't know yet. I don't eat much processed food nowadays since I got into Vegan diet. When I was on vegetarian diet I did have a bit of frozen foods.

bunny

• Focal CMS 65 speakers

Have to vote a yea here Chris - all done with humor I think. Besides, I thought you were a vegetarian? You take up wrabbit hunting for sport? :)

-Paul

Chris

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

A yea vote here, diet impacts a lot more than hearing, just eat foods that contain high saturated fat and see where that gets ya.

ps: Five Foods That Can Prevent Hearing Loss...and Hearing Aids | Audicus

Foods That Help Hearing | LIVESTRONG.COM

And I thought Chris was only fed via artificial means

Alchemie Health: What you eat affects your hearing.

Thanks for the contribution. Good stuff. In your second link:

"Bamini Gopinath of Westmead, Australia's Millennium Institute and colleagues explored the effects of high-sugar and high-carbohydrate diets on hearing in a 2010 study. While these researchers do not suggest cutting sugars and carbohydrates from your diet, they found that people who eat excessive amount of these compounds are more likely to develop poor hearing. Dr. Wright came to similar conclusions with sodium, suggesting that a reduction in sodium may help improve your hearing."

Your third link:

"You might think hearing loss is just because of age. You see it all around you … everybody you know who’s elderly has hearing loss.

But they may have hearing loss because they’re all eating the same junk and not getting enough nutrients.

That gives us a new outlook on this epidemic of hearing loss. And also a way to prevent it.

Hearing loss doesn’t start when you get old, though. It happens earlier than you might think.

Take a look at the chart to the right. You can start to experience hearing loss at any age. In fact, 26 million Americans between the ages of 20 and 69 already have high frequency hearing loss."

Good post.

bunny

• Focal CMS 65 speakers

A yea vote here, diet impacts a lot more than hearing, just eat foods that contain high saturated fat and see where that gets ya.

ps: Five Foods That Can Prevent Hearing Loss...and Hearing Aids | Audicus

Foods That Help Hearing | LIVESTRONG.COM

And I thought Chris was only fed via artificial means

Alchemie Health: What you eat affects your hearing.

Fully agree, a diet like the two first increase also cardiovascular health and then the other senses, like the smell (between others).

I'm on two grams Krill oil per day (one each 12 hours), Astaxanthin (4 mgrs.), Vit. C two grams per day (one each 12 hours), etc., etc. Plus healthy eating, like Coconut oil. Thanks to the Coconut I don't had a cold in last 5 years. (Colds damage ears).

Happy listening and eating,

Roch