IGNORED

Intel dn2800 MB only supports 2ch on my Topanga CAPS???

Bigbwb

I had posted this question in a somewhat unrelated thread so I figured a new post would gain more feedback.

I have the Intel 2800mt MB in a Topanga CAPS running Jriver using win8. 2ch playback works perfectly but when I try multi channel tracks, no luck. When under windows audio settings, it only recognizes the hdmi audio as 2 ch not 5.1?? My Yamaha receiver is pretty new and supports what I'm trying to send it.

My goal was to be able to play some of the multi channel DSD files I have. I am wondering if Win7 would be more compatible and offer drivers and etc that would allow 5.1 playback.

Receiver

Yamaha rx a3000

I also tried the Gefen HDMI detective with no luck.

thoughts?

The dn2800mt is Windows 8 compatible - that is what the Topanga uses, I've also run ws2012 on it. On the Yamaha usa site it says the receiver is windows 7 compatible with no mention of 8.

I don't know your receiver but are you sure it can do what you want?

The specification on the above site says:

• Network functions
    • -Access to Internet Radio (MP3/WMA) and music files on PC or DLNA Server (WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC 96/24)
    • -Web Browser Control via PC or PDA
    • -Receiver Manager through network connection
    • -DLNA V.1.5 certified

[*]Compatible with Windows 7

[*]

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to determine where the problem was. I went ahead and installed the intel graphics package drivers(from Intel) onto win7 32 bit and it then recognized my system as 5.1 ch compatible. The downside is that I didn't want to have to resort to the older 32bit OS.

I also realized M CH DSD file playback stutters too much?? Maybe the processor cannot handle it? So after all of this, I am not sure M CH SACD rips will play anyway, ha!

I may end up resorting back to Win8.1. I did try the graphic driver package in Win8.1 and it worked until I opened IE browser, then it crashed. I knew this driver package was technically only Win7 32 compatible.

What to do, what to do:)

The dn2800mt is Windows 8 compatible - that is what the Topanga uses, I've also run ws2012 on it. On the Yamaha usa site it says the receiver is windows 7 compatible with no mention of 8.

I don't know your receiver but are you sure it can do what you want?

The specification on the above site says:

• Network functions
    • -Access to Internet Radio (MP3/WMA) and music files on PC or DLNA Server (WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC 96/24)
    • -Web Browser Control via PC or PDA
    • -Receiver Manager through network connection
    • -DLNA V.1.5 certified

[*]Compatible with Windows 7