IGNORED

Which NAD Integrated Amp And DAC To Select?

I am just home from a long day and sitting down to listen to some music (currently Van - Street Choir- HD Tracks 24/96). It's been an interesting journey today.

I don't know if its proper but I would like to give a huge shout out of appreciation to Dan at Dedicated Audio In Scottsdale. Dan's business is primarily online but he does maintain a showroom by appointment only and he is not open Saturday or Sunday. Anyway I sent an email last night about my problems with the NAD. Dan responded immediately while he was at dinner with his wife. He emailed me this morning. I told him we could take care of things on Monday. He insisted on meeting me at his shop so my system would be up for the weekend. He literally insisted that he wanted to take care of it today.

When I met him he presented me with three options. First I could have his demo NAD D7050 until his ordered inventory came in. Second I could switch out for the NAD C356BEE plus CA DAC along with a Bel Canto M-Link (which was pretty much what I intended to do). But he presented me a third option that I had not considered, a Bel Canto C5i integrated Amp/DAC. I am familiar with Bel Canto as I have owned some of their products in the past but did not consider them as I thought I simply couldn't afford it at this time with my $2000 to $2500 all in system budget couldn't go there.

He made me such a generous offer keeping me just $78 over my max number that I am now the proud owner of a Bel Canto C5i, Focal Chorus 714V and Kimber Kables. I am sitting here and thoroughly enjoying my music.

Quite a 180 turnaround. Quite a 24 hours.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

Sounds like a good dealer. They aren't as common as you might think. Good to hear he took care of you above and beyond. The only down side is you might not need to give him more of your business for quite some time.

Glad it worked out for you.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Here here! A good dealer! I will google him up and put him on my list for prospective purchases.

-Paul

I am just home from a long day and sitting down to listen to some music (currently Van - Street Choir- HD Tracks 24/96). It's been an interesting journey today.

I don't know if its proper but I would like to give a huge shout out of appreciation to Dan at Dedicated Audio In Scottsdale. Dan's business is primarily online but he does maintain a showroom by appointment only and he is not open Saturday or Sunday. Anyway I sent an email last night about my problems with the NAD. Dan responded immediately while he was at dinner with his wife. He emailed me this morning. I told him we could take care of things on Monday. He insisted on meeting me at his shop so my system would be up for the weekend. He literally insisted that he wanted to take care of it today.

When I met him he presented me with three options. First I could have his demo NAD D7050 until his ordered inventory came in. Second I could switch out for the NAD C356BEE plus CA DAC along with a Bel Canto M-Link (which was pretty much what I intended to do). But he presented me a third option that I had not considered, a Bel Canto C5i integrated Amp/DAC. I am familiar with Bel Canto as I have owned some of their products in the past but did not consider them as I thought I simply couldn't afford it at this time with my $2000 to $2500 all in system budget couldn't go there.

He made me such a generous offer keeping me just $78 over my max number that I am now the proud owner of a Bel Canto C5i, Focal Chorus 714V and Kimber Kables. I am sitting here and thoroughly enjoying my music.

Quite a 180 turnaround. Quite a 24 hours.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Sounds like you came out ahead. Was the thing totally fried, or did it work once it cooled down? The NAD C390DD seemed to run very hot compared to my class D amp of twice the wattage.

More importantly, how is your knee? Speaking of good dealers, did you get some good narcotics? <joke/>

Sounds like you came out ahead. Was the thing totally fried, or did it work once it cooled down? The NAD C390DD seemed to run very hot compared to my class D amp of twice the wattage.

The NAD D7050 would come back on and play after I shut it down (I had to unplug it the power on/off/standby on the unit and the remote would not shut it off). But it did it three times and that was enough in one day for me.

The Bel Canto on the other hand has been operating for three hours, sounds great and is cool to the touch (though I couldn't say the NAD was "hot" as even in overheat mode it was mildly warm to the touch).

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa