IGNORED

CA Music Reviews | User Feedback and Bug Reports

Hello everyone,

Chris this is awesome idea!

Small suggestions to improve it or make more attractive IMHO:

1. Add RSS to the thread or email notification about new review posted.

2. Keep those two "banners" on the right hand - Latest Review and Most Popular persistent with the positioning to be able to use Safari's "Open in Dashboard" feature useful. If you quickly make the snippet of those "banners" you already have them in Dashboard, to quickly view if someone put the review there. To me nice idea.\

3. Make sure if mobile style is working fine.

Thanks for the suggestions. They are on my list now :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris, could you explain why you gave three different rating options?

It's a matter of containing the cost. Customizing further increases the cost. Plus, the the overall rating is a bit different from the performance and quality ratings. Overall rating is an easy way to identify a rating without clicking into the review if one so choses.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Great initiative. I was just thinking that it would be great to have something like this. My initial comments have already been answered above but to "vote" on features to add here is my list:

-should be able to view comments even when not logged in.

-should be able to see who made the comments so that we can weigh them accordingly.

-a simple bar graph of ratings would be great so we can see the distribution. This feature on Amazon is one I use a lot.

-RSS feed for new reviews and maybe also for following specific reviews. I don't know enough about RSS to know if it would pick up updates to an existing review or not.

Thanks for the list.

Hello there

I did tonight find it hard to find recent comments, I wonder if it could be added to this drop down menu.

AlbumReveiw.jpg

I do fear for my wallet as there are already two albums on there that I like the sound off.:)

Cheers Frank

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> White Bird Amplification VIRTUS-01> Sennheiser HD650 headphones

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> Cyrus 6VS> Dali Zensor 1

Good idea about the reviews,

I believe it it essential to also publish a Spectrum Analysis with every review, to show how REAL hidef that album is. I have around 500 so called HD albums from websites and my own Sa-CD's and DVD-Audios and let me tell you, around 10 percent are NOT HD at all, meaning recorded at 16-44.1 or substandard analog equipment and than blown up to 24-96 or even 24-192.

here three examples:

First one real HD

1-Laurence Juber _ Mosaic HD-Audio.flac.png

Second NOT (old analog recording):

George benson - 1-Breezin.flac.png

As you can see, there is nothing above 16 kHz. So why pay for 24-96 or even 24-192?

Third recorded in 16-44.1:

Clapton - 01 Reptile.flac.png

Comment same as above.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

The graphing needs to be able to be enlarged. The window pops up but isn't large enough to see well and read.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Chris

Just notice that you can't edit a comment on a review after you have posted it. So can't edit a spelling mistake or grammar error.

Cheers Frank

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> White Bird Amplification VIRTUS-01> Sennheiser HD650 headphones

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> Cyrus 6VS> Dali Zensor 1