IGNORED

CA Music Reviews | User Feedback and Bug Reports

Chris, I just wrote my first review as a test, but somehow apparently forgot the overall rating. Is there a way to edit this? It should be four stars.

i also noticed that my review ended up in the general review section, not in the Music su folder. Could you move it?

Finally, rereading I saw some minor typos, again would be great to be able to correct them.

Chris, I just wrote my first review as a test, but somehow apparently forgot the overall rating. Is there a way to edit this? It should be four stars.

i also noticed that my review ended up in the general review section, not in the Music su folder. Could you move it?

Finally, rereading I saw some minor typos, again would be great to be able to correct them.

Very cool. Thanks for contributing to the reviews and helping work out the issues!

Do you have the little pencil next to the title like this screenshot?

Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 2.50.35 PM.png

I'll look into the categorizing.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Very cool. Thanks for contributing to the reviews and helping work out the issues!

Do you have the little pencil next to the title like this screenshot?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10630[/ATTACH]

I'll look into the categorizing.

I do, but it tells me I'm not authorized to modify.

Try it now.

Worked. However, I saw that the review actually also had lost quite a bit of other information I'm positive entered, like the bit depth, artists, etc. I entered it again now, it's now visible.

Will see if I can reproduce the bug when doing the next review.

I wonder if there is a better place for the link than the menu bar? We typically hit the forum and it's categories and unlike most sites, your menu bar gets a little ignored. It's part of a little larger problem, as sub-menus & their content get a little lost too...CA Academy, etc.

A quick fix..or especially as it rolls out, maybe it could also be in graphic/banner UI form here. Certainly would get more attention/contributions there for now.

Apologies, this is what I do for a living and sometimes can't stop the tick-tick-ticking

ca_music.png

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

I wonder if there is a better place for the link than the menu bar? We typically hit the forum and it's categories and unlike most site your bar gets a little ignored. It's part of a little larger problem, sub-menus & their content get lost...CA Academy, etc.

A quick fix..or especially as it rolls out, maybe it could also be in graphic/banner UI form here. Certainly would get more attention/contributions there for now.

Apologies, this is what I do for a living and sometimes can't stop the tick-tick-ticking

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10631[/ATTACH]

Hi Savage - Thanks for the professional feedback. I appreciate it.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I wonder if there is a better place for the link than the menu bar? We typically hit the forum and it's categories and unlike most sites, your menu bar gets a little ignored. It's part of a little larger problem, as sub-menus & their content get a little lost too...CA Academy, etc.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10631[/ATTACH]

6ordi.jpg

No electron left behind.

Chris,

there also seems to be an issue with the user ratings.

On the overview page, users rates the recording with 3 stars:

1.jpg

On the review itself, it looks like the average is 2 stars.

2.jpg

Which one is correct?

And by the way, it would be interesting like on Amazon to see a statistic of the votes, sometimes one bad review may pull down the average of a rating.

3.jpg

By the way, are the user ratings anonymous? I think it would be more efficient if you could check who gave the rating. Eventually you will find out if you agree or not with certain peoples tastes.

Pergolesi_Stabat_Mater_Laudate_pueri_Confitebor_Ed.jpg

It would be nice if there could be separate ratings for music and sound quality. An album might have amazing sound quality, but the reviewer doesn't like the music itself, thereby giving it a low rating. By separating music rating from sound quality rating, a person who know for a fact that they like that particular album can use the review to get an idea of if he/she should upgrade to a highres version.

Hello everyone,

Chris this is awesome idea!

Small suggestions to improve it or make more attractive IMHO:

1. Add RSS to the thread or email notification about new review posted.

2. Keep those two "banners" on the right hand - Latest Review and Most Popular persistent with the positioning to be able to use Safari's "Open in Dashboard" feature useful. If you quickly make the snippet of those "banners" you already have them in Dashboard, to quickly view if someone put the review there. To me nice idea.\

3. Make sure if mobile style is working fine.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

It would be nice if there could be separate ratings for music and sound quality. An album might have amazing sound quality, but the reviewer doesn't like the music itself, thereby giving it a low rating. By separating music rating from sound quality rating, a person who know for a fact that they like that particular album can use the review to get an idea of if he/she should upgrade to a highres version.

You actually have separate ratings for sound quality and musical performance already in the separate box, but what you could question if you need a third overall rating on top of this. Because obviously some people may weight SQ vs. music differently.

Chris, could you explain why you gave three different rating options?

Great initiative. I was just thinking that it would be great to have something like this. My initial comments have already been answered above but to "vote" on features to add here is my list:

-should be able to view comments even when not logged in.

-should be able to see who made the comments so that we can weigh them accordingly.

-a simple bar graph of ratings would be great so we can see the distribution. This feature on Amazon is one I use a lot.

-RSS feed for new reviews and maybe also for following specific reviews. I don't know enough about RSS to know if it would pick up updates to an existing review or not.

Chris,

there also seems to be an issue with the user ratings.

On the overview page, users rates the recording with 3 stars:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10634[/ATTACH]

On the review itself, it looks like the average is 2 stars.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10635[/ATTACH]

Which one is correct?

And by the way, it would be interesting like on Amazon to see a statistic of the votes, sometimes one bad review may pull down the average of a rating.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10636[/ATTACH]

By the way, are the user ratings anonymous? I think it would be more efficient if you could check who gave the rating. Eventually you will find out if you agree or not with certain peoples tastes.

Something is up with the ratings / stars that I'm looking into. Thanks for pointing this out.

I agree the Amazon method of ratings would be even better. However, it's not cheap to implement. Let's start with the current star ratings and go from there :~)

I enabled anonymous ratings for now. If I disable this only logged in users can give ratings, but it's still not possible to see who rated what albums.

Already possible :~)