IGNORED

Slinkylinks speaker cables

Has anyone heard of or have experience with these cables. Specifically their speaker cables.

I have had a good Google around and apart from one review on 6 Moons, theres not much out there.

See here

Any info appreciated

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

Has anyone heard of or have experience with these cables. Specifically their speaker cables.

I have had a good Google around and apart from one review on 6 Moons, theres not much out there.

See here

Any info appreciated

I haven't used any Slinklinks cables.

But I've liked other silver audio cables.

Here's one good source for mainly silver cables, including speaker cables:

Homegrown Audio

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for your reply. I was trying to get a handle on how robust the Slinkylinks are. Seeing as they are made from a couple of 0.25mm silver wires and they make a big issue on how to handle them they dont seem to be all that able to stand up to life in a busy (chaotic) household.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

• 6 months later...

See here

Any info appreciated

Slinkylinks are extremely accurate, as you might expect with good silver and good plugs. When I trialled them there was more to be heard in the high frequencies. The downside is that there is not enough gauge of wire. So unless you are running a low power amp and have a short distance between amp and speakers, I would not recommend them. On the other hand I can unreservedly recommend their interconnects.

Windows 10 - (Asus P8Z77-M PRO; Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz; Kingston HyperX 16GB 1866Mhz; Crucial MX200 1TB SATA3 SSD) - Foobar 2000 - Oyaide Continetal USB - Wyred4Sound Recovery reclocker - Wyred4Sound DAC2se - Oyaide AZ-910 Interconnects - Ayon Eris Pre-amp - Pass Labs X150.8 Power Amp - Nordost Frey - Triangle Magellan Speakers.

Slinkylinks are extremely accurate, as you might expect with good silver and good plugs. On the other hand I can unreservedly recommend their interconnects.

+100

extremely good cables for the funny price,

couple friends using their interconnects and acoustics in $50k+ systems.

Fantastic with tube amps, Leben for example.

+100

extremely good cables for the funny price,

couple friends using their interconnects and acoustics in $50k+ systems.

Fantastic with tube amps, Leben for example.

I am not familiar with this cables at all, but on their website I can see that they're using Eichmann Copper Bullet RCA connectors which I pro grade RCA's. Not really surprised however, because ETI's are produced by Aussies close to New Zealand.

I am considering the same plugs, but with Mogami 2803 cable for my interconnects.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata