IGNORED

JRivermedia 19

Using other players, and using asio or wasapi, etc., I get base nicely from my sub. Base is very lacking in Jriver so I must be doing something inappropriate. I have adjusted output and I still cannot get some well delivered base. Suggestions please... Thank you...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

I re-installed,and am running fidelizer... Great sonic improvment...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Too bad Philoptimizer not for win 7.... Thanks for input

Boot your OS from a SD card and play the content back from a virtual disk. Make sure your Power supply is linear and download only using a premium Ethernet cable and content of any resolution higher than Redbook or DSD. That should do it!

You cad! Couldn't resist, could you? Being direct and civil is so much less fun. I get it. But this is not subtle. Unless Steve is a plant to test your resolve, or mine. Is Steve real? Or is this a test? Help us out here, buddy.

According to my mother I am here son ... How real is that. And I am trying to correct my win 7 computer. This may very well boil down to a resource conflict or software. Forvwhst it is worth the system played beautifully today after running fidelizer. I am frustrated but I understand that perfection us worth the time and effort. Thanks to all

Forvwhst it is worth the system played beautifully today after running fidelizer. I am frustrated but I understand that perfection us worth the time and effort. Thanks to all

But will it still play beautifully tomorrow?

Why do you post so much here at CA about JRiver? You start threads all over the place asking the same questions or slight variations of them. Are you trying to pile up posts? If not, why not post in the JRiver forum instead where they'll have much better and more info regarding yup, JRiver MC19.

Chris

I will

yield to your wise words Chris... enjoy... isn't that what we all want from our music ultimately?

According to my mother I am here son ... How real is that. And I am trying to correct my win 7 computer. This may very well boil down to a resource conflict or software. Forvwhst it is worth the system played beautifully today after running fidelizer. I am frustrated but I understand that perfection us worth the time and effort. Thanks to all

Yep- but each journey is a new adventure. I hope you are enjoying yours too! ;)

As for the bass problem you are having with JRiver- are you positive you have all equalization turned off in each application you compare against? If one is boosting or cutting soem frequency... Well then that would explain it, would it not?

In general, even very small changes in frequency response can make what sound like drastic changes in playback. My personal opinion differe from many here on the use of these optimizers and addona like JPlay. I find them either useless or to not make a difference of any significanc, or in some cases to be detrimental to the operation of Windows.

MacOS or Linux provides a much clearer sound and more detailed sounnd than Windows does in my experience. That is not always better in terms of listening enjoyment, though that is of cours, personal preference.

Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Yep- but each journey is a new adventure. I hope you are enjoying yours too! ;)

As for the bass problem you are having with JRiver- are you positive you have all equalization turned off in each application you compare against? If one is boosting or cutting soem frequency... Well then that would explain it, would it not?

In general, even very small changes in frequency response can make what sound like drastic changes in playback. My personal opinion differe from many here on the use of these optimizers and addona like JPlay. I find them either useless or to not make a difference of any significanc, or in some cases to be detrimental to the operation of Windows.

MacOS or Linux provides a much clearer sound and more detailed sounnd than Windows does in my experience. That is not always better in terms of listening enjoyment, though that is of cours, personal preference.

Paul

:D

MacOS or Linux provides a much clearer sound and more detailed sounnd than Windows does in my experience.

Paul

"A much clearer sound" really Paul, a much clearer sound? Would that be a HUGE difference? Does it punch out of its weight class when you Mackify MC? Just asking.

Chris

"A much clearer sound" really Paul, a much clearer sound? Would that be a HUGE difference? Does it punch out of its weight class when you Mackify MC? Just asking.

Chris

Really Chris- didn't you read the next sentence? Yes- clearer sound is how I would describe the difference between JRMC on MacOS vs JRMC on Windows. Note again that I was careful to say that did not mean better. For your pleasure, the definition of clearer I was using is reproduced below.

Paul

easy to perceive, understand, or interpret.

"the voice on the telephone was clear and strong"

synonyms: understandable, comprehensible, intelligible, plain, uncomplicated, explicit, lucid, coherent, simple, straightforward, unambiguous, clear-cut, crystal clear; More

antonyms: vague

leaving no doubt; obvious or unambiguous.

"it was clear that they were in a trap"

synonyms: obvious, evident, plain, crystal clear; More

antonyms: vague, possible

having or feeling no doubt or confusion.

"every student must be clear about what is expected"

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Options>Media Network>Add or configure DLNA>choose Audiophile 24-bit DAC WORKS WONDERS (Thank you Michael Coffey>)

NOW I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE APP!!!!!!