IGNORED

JLP music player

sbgk

Thanks SBGK

I got squeeze lite running in services....

quick question

Do I know need to remove the additional settings in local player, if I have put these in the bat file?

My bat file looks like this:

c:\programdata........\bin\squeezelite-win.exe -o 2 -n SqueezeSER -a 2 -b 700:200000 -s 10.1.1.11

I appreciate your advice cheers

2CA

I Did some tests and PA20 and SQLite25 sounds best - no doubt - different than MQN and better IMO.

SQL is running as service on my PC (again not an easy task).

BTW is this thread a new home for JLP?

FYI

I hope to update my how to guide and simplify the service loading for users.

When the service loading task is simplified and broken down its fairly straight forward with only a few main requirements.

1. Check for your correct squeezelite KS output, using command prompt

2. Create a bat file with the relevant location and squeezelite settings/output, using notepad

Then save the bat file into the squeezelite bin folder

3. Run the nssm service loading software and point it to the bat file location, via command prompt

4. Copy v25 squeezelite into the squeezelite bin folder

5. Deselect squeezelite startup pc under local player settings

6. Reboot pc and start squeeze server

7. Check for your loaded squeezelite player....

Looking forward to trying portaudio v20

2CA

Hi SBGK

I appreciate the latest versions of squeezelite.

I have squeezelite already loaded as a service.... as you are aware, and I have just followed the instructions you highlighted ---- Logitech Media Server as a Service - SqueezeboxWiki

To load slim server as a service.....

I have a similar question set to cvrle59....

I right clicked logitech control panel (in admin mode), enabled automatically run at system start.

LMS now starts automatically on boot and music plays (sounding ridiculously good I may add), but I am not seeing LMS as a service?!

1. Should I be?

2. What name should I be seeing in services, I can only see LMS has loaded as a background process "logitech media server (32 bit)".... in the win 8 processes tab...

3. Is this correct or do I need some assistance...

Cheers

2CA

think it comes up as squeezebox something in services, you need to set the run as administrator on the properties/compatibility of squeezesvc.exe as described above or in the blog.

Ok thanks SBGK....

With all due respect and courtesy, the explanations are confusing for PC users with less than admin experience.

A little more detail specific to each task would be very helpful.

Here's what I did for everyone else's benefit.

I am assuming this is correct until told otherwise.

1. Firstly follow these steps, as per SBGK's link.

Logitech Media Server as a Service - SqueezeboxWiki

2. Whilst in logitech control panel as an administrator, Select the Status Tab.. Select run with no user extensions, Hit apply.

4. Reboot PC.

5. Goto task manager check services for squeezesvc....

If present squeezeserver is loaded successfully as a service.

6. Then click processes tab in task manager

Right click the logitech media server process (squeezesvr), select properties.

Then select the compatibility tab at the top.

Tick run in 640x480 screen resolution

Tick run this program as an administrator.

Hit apply.

6. Reboot PC

You be done

Hi 2channel,

just saw your blog entry for mqn

2channelaudio: MQn minimalist PC music player - The king of sound quality

How resolving is your system ? Just wanted to know so I could calibrate your feedback a bit.

I know jlp is far from the finished product, but I thought I was hearing further into the music with v30 than I was able to do with MQn ie some things MQn just couldn't resolve, but could easily follow with jlp. Still think the streaming aspect of jlp not helping.

Hi SBGK

I'm aware JLP is just starting out....and its early days.

I love what you are doing with the software, and I will continue to support JLP....

I don't think I was negative in any way? was I?

Please always view my comments as constructive...

It may very well be possible JLP v30 is sounding better than Mqn, I haven't tried any JLP versions past v27, the comments I left on Tir Na reference v27 only. I look forward to giving v30 a spin this weekend. ;)

As for my system.....

I believe my hifi setup (and ear) is transparent/capable enough to translate relatively small changes in SQ, but absolutely not the last word in transparency. To be honest the comments I made referencing particular v27 rendering qualities (again this is my opinion) would be audible in systems costing much less than mine.

Cheers

wasn't reading anything into the comments, just trying to validate my own findings. Thanks for the feedback. I run jlp with mmcss disabled, don't know if that's a factor. There's also the fact that jlp is not as bassy as mqn so there may be more detail apparent due to that shift in balance.

Thanks SBGK,

Agree with those comments.

I like a more active and weighted mid and lower bass band.

So this would absolutely impact my conclusions in regard to the software I prefer.

I have mmcss on.

As I use my PC for a XBMC when I'm not listening to audio.

Its a pain enabling and re-enabling.

I previously tried mmcss off, but did no critical listening.

I'll give it another shoot.

Cheers again.

looking forward to v31. You move very quickly ;)