IGNORED

Amarra 2.6 Album art in Playlist mode

kg4big

Thank you. I read that but still cant get it working ? No big deal really.

I have a jpeg file of the album i'm playing in that directory and (me) set to read and write but no art?

I guess I don't understand the permissions thing.

Amarra Searchable KnowledgeBase and Learning Center

Tips on Artwork

Amarra 2.4 uses the following rules for managing Artwork. In general Artwork is not consistently handled by many Music Files.

? Artwork is stored in "/Library/Application Support/Sonic Studio/Artwork"

? When in "Amarra" mode, Amarra will ask iTunes for the Artwork for the currently playing Track.

Amarra will then create the artwork file and store it in the Artwork Folder.

The artwork file is named using the Artist and Album names

? When in "Playlist" mode, Amarra attempts to read the Artwork from the Metadata in the file.

Many FLAC files have artwork, most AIFF files do not have the artwork in the metadata, WAVE files do not support artwork.

? Amarra currently does not look in the folder where the file resides.

? To ensure the artwork is created you can play the file using Amarra mode.

Thank you sir! I have that bookmarked now

I know we newbies are a pain in the backside.

Some could be, and you are not. The communal ethos at CA is for members to help other members and offer good, reliable counsel. You asked for help. I made the effort. Pass it on. Incidentally, not every track or album I play in Playlist mode, even in Amarra mode displays the artwork. I have just accepted this but also provide Sonic Studio with feedback.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Thank you. I read that but still cant get it working ? No big deal really.

I have a jpeg file of the album i'm playing in that directory and (me) set to read and write but no art?

I guess I don't understand the permissions thing.

FWIW - You might try repair permissions in your disk utility if you have not already. When Amarra gets screwed up for me showing artwork I run the repair permissions and it usually fixes the problem.

FWIW - You might try repair permissions in your disk utility if you have not already. When Amarra gets screwed up for me showing artwork I run the repair permissions and it usually fixes the problem.

Yes, that's covered in the Amarra 2.6 User manual pages 8 and 9 which the OP said he read.

Best,

Richard