IGNORED

Digital out, what can i conect to it ?

hello,

im looking for information on what i might conect to my old sound card from creative , the audigy 2 ZS pci - http://files.creative.com/manualdn/Manuals/TSD/9346/0xB5910CA5/Sound%20Blaster%20Audigy%202%20ZS%20quickstart%20english%20back.pdf

it has a conection with a digital output, i believe it might be a spdif.

To what equipment i might conect this ?

What type of format it may convey out ?

i used to have a creative gigaworks speakers, but they got damaged from a spike on the electric grid and burned out ( only the pc was conected to a protective outlet ).

I look forward for some assistance since im looking for a cheap solution to reacquire sound and play my mp3.

thanks guys !

You would connect the digital output to an external DAC.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

thanks for your relys guys !

i was looking to buy an used home cinema system with a digital in plug lije this one :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10594[/ATTACH]

Does it make sense to inject the signal coming from my sound car to such system ?

thanks again !

Yes that should be fine.

Chris

One that fits! ;)

If it is RCA (cinch), make sure it is for digital, not analog, but a video cable may work for you.

thanks !

what type of cable should i get please ?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

ouch, a video cable to convey audio signal, i wouldbt get it unless i read it here !

hope it will fit :)

Let me just clarify a bit. First you are not sending analog audio info through the cable, you're sending digital info. A regular (yellow) rca video cable would work but would not be your best choice. It would be better to get a so-called digital coaxial cable. It has the same connectors as a rca video or audio cable but is usually built to better tolerances and with higher quality materials. It does not have to be fancy or expensive, just a small step up from the generic yellow video cable. For instance Monoprice.com sells good quality inexpensive coax cables.

Chris

I am not suggesting you buy a video cable, but may have had one around that is unused now that HDMI has taken over, just to give it a try at first. It is digital as noted... Mostly I didn't want you to use an analog RCA cable. They most will all fit, and most will play music, but you are looking for a cable that was intended for Mhz (much higher than analog) frequencies.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

so dissapointed !!!!

well guys, today i had the chance to test an "old" but powerfull system near my place. Found out the equipment on a classified add - Home cinema 5.1 thomson dpl660 500w rms - Vila Nova de Gaia - TV, Som e Fotografia - corresponding to this AV receiver : http://www.theatresystem-manual.com/manuals/thomson/Thomson_DPL660HT.pdf , its the one posted above.

The owner show case the equipment with a dvd player conected to the av, and yes it sure plays loud ! But i have to admit, i really miss my pc audio system.

I used to enjoy my mp3 music with a creative audigy sound card + creative gigaworks system, and spite the AV system has more power, i cant reallly experience and enjoy the type of clarity and deepth i had with my pc system.

Would like to ask, if i conect my sound card to this device ( only possible after acquiring the oldtimer receiver ) , will i find again my sound pleasure ?

How come a sound cards have better DSP capabilites that hi-fi systems ? What features im really missing ?

I wouldn't acquire that receiver unless I could try it first in my (your) system. It sounds as if there's something wrong either with it or the dvd player or something in that system. Your computer shouldn't be that much better, because your sound card is not exactly top of the line audiophile quality and unless your mp3s are extremely high bit rate (which is often not the case with folks who listen just to mp3) that is also limiting.

Chris

hello guys,

well im totaly disgusted !

today i have checked another nearby my house deal at much higher price range.

The set is made of a Yamaha Receiver RX-V665 + Pioneer S SP50-K 5.1 speakers. I hook my external hard drive with my mp3 playlist using an usb plug to the AV. Same bitrate as it used to play on my pc system.

Maybe its me, but i cant recognize and enjoy the same audio quality i had in the past.

thanks for this sharing guys !