IGNORED

Connect a DC to a computer via USB power hub ?

What is a DC? I am connecting several external hard drives to my Mac Mini through a powered USB hub. Seems to work fine. Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Oh sorry. I mean connecting a digital converter to my MacBook Pro via a power USB HUB

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

It is safe to do that ?

Would it affect the sound quality ?

Safe but not really an audiophile solution especially if you are looking to play hi-resolution files. If you just want to play background music while you saw wood it should be fine. Looks like you have some pretty good components so for optimal playback the dac should be plugged directly into the PC, with all the other usb ports unplugged so there is no data transmission contention.

Safe but not really an audiophile solution especially if you are looking to play hi-resolution files. If you just want to play background music while you saw wood it should be fine. Looks like you have some pretty good components so for optimal playback the dac should be plugged directly into the PC, with all the other usb ports unplugged so there is no data transmission contention.

Yes of course... When I read "USB power hub", I missed the "HUB" aspect. A USB power hub is another connection in the path, plus the fact that if it needs to be powered by a "wall wart", it will add noise.

Thanks for correcting me :)

BTW I like your example ;)

Alain