IGNORED

Nice two-part talk on jitter by Ted Smith (PS Audio)

I don't look, I buy. For me, its not that big an expense.

Hey, on the internet they never can tell if you're a dog.

You spend your time questioning/slandering the intelligence of a great number of posters on this site then drolly imply that you can easily afford a $50K watch...well I'm not too interested in the subject but if talking about diminishing returns and ultimate stupidity, that is certainly in the top two or three...line up behind Paris Hilton.

Duck dynasty comment was good..!

I don't look, I buy. For me, its not that big an expense.

I wonder if Patek will release a version of these scent watches.

The Scent Rhythm watch tells time by releasing fragrances

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Hey, on the internet they never can tell if you're a dog.

You spend your time questioning/slandering the intelligence of a great number of posters on this site then drolly imply that you can easily afford a $50K watch...well I'm not too interested in the subject but if talking about diminishing returns and ultimate stupidity, that is certainly in the top two or three...line up behind Paris Hilton.

Duck dynasty comment was good..!

Diogenes was waiting for someone to say that.

Here, I'll reply for him:

He can re-sell the watch for more than he paid, which isn't true of audio equipment.

Moving along...

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Wheres the facepalm icon when you need it?

He confuses timing in the macro (drummers' timing, toe tapping) with timing in the micro (jitter). Milliseconds to nanoseconds.

He put the clock synthesizer chip in a DAC. Because it has a resolution of 0.2 ps, he assumed that was the jitter he was getting on the clock. But that's only the step size of the selectable output frequency. The jitter could be many times that and if he could hear it, it probably was. This is proved by the revised chip, with a different PLL filter. Same resolution (0.2 ps), jitter rejection down to much lower frequencies.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.