IGNORED

2.1 Audio issues from Asus Xonar Essence STX S/PDIF Coaxial and JRiver Media Center

So, here's my situation: I recently purchased a powered subwoofer and have it hooked into my A/V Receiver via the subwoofer Pre-out. My audio collection is on my PC, and I use JRiver Media Center 19. However, I've found that I can't get anything from the subwoofer unless I set the DSP output to Dolby Digital. If it's not enabled, even if I set it to output stereo as 2.1, nothing is heard from the subwoofer. At first I thought there was an issue with my receiver, but it outputs to the sub with any other audio, and works fine if I have the audio output from JRiver via HDMI. Any ideas why this is so? Thank you in advance!

Open the Xonar Audio Center and make sure that you have the SPDIF output set to PCM and the 2 boxes below are unchecked. Turn off all DSP's in JRiver, set the receiver to stereo or all channel stereo and see if it works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10503[/ATTACH]

That did it! I don't know why I couldn't get it to work, but now I've got PCM audio from the SPDIF out on my card, and the subwoofer is working. Thanks for the help!