IGNORED

Shopping Online: the process of making choices

Yes! I was so happy to see your post that I was about to say "Bless you, Firedog!" when I realized that I'm not religious. So whatever the secular equivalent of a blessing is, I bestow it upon you!

I'm very happy to pay for knowledge, experience etc, especially if it helps me - it cost the dealer who provided it something to "acquire" it, and he (or she) deserves to be compensated for sharing it with us. If I bought elsewhere on the basis of that knowledge etc, I'd kinda feel like I stole it.

Good dealers in any domain deserve to be kept in business. If we all went to the cheapest source after picking the brains of the best informed, we'd lose even more of the great ones - and we've already lost so many fine dealers that it's slim pickin's today for anyone who wants and/or needs sound advice based on experience and judgment.

I'll agree with Firedog and add another thought.

Why not ask the company who was most helpful to match the terms of the best deal you've been offered?

As credit for their service, you give that company the first shot at getting your order.

If they say "no", at least you'll know you gave them the opportunity.

Joel