IGNORED

Holiday in Cambodia

tne

This has about as much to do with audio as bicycles and watches, but this week Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) begins here in China. This is the most massive migration of people, as most Chinese return to the towns where their families are - THE big holiday in China.

For me, with one week being not enough for a proper trip back to the US and going there at the end of February already, this is a time to explore parts of Asia, one of the benefits of working/living in China. This year I am spending my Holiday in Cambodia for one week. The Dead Kennedys song ( one of the hallmark achievements of Western civilisation in the 20th Century ) has been running through by brain since I booked my ticket.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

This has about as much to do with audio as bicycles and watches, but this week Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) begins here in China. This is the most massive migration of people, as most Chinese return to the towns where their families are - THE big holiday in China.

For me, with one week being not enough for a proper trip back to the US and going there at the end of February already, this is a time to explore parts of Asia, one of the benefits of working/living in China. This year I am spending my Holiday in Cambodia for one week. The Dead Kennedys song ( one of the hallmark achievements of Western civilisation in the 20th Century ) has been running through by brain since I booked my ticket.

I only jumped into this thread because I thought it was going to be about the Dead Kennedy's. While I am a little disappointed about that, I am very happy for you on your vacation.

Long live Jell-O!

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

I sat next to him on an 11 hour flight to London in late 2007. Now that was an experience. Somehow I forgot to tell him the story of how I decorated the Loyalty Oath grad students at Berkeley were forced to sign by writing California Uber Alles all around the edges. (My first paycheck was withheld until I signed a clean copy.)

I sat next to him on an 11 hour flight to London in late 2007. Now that was an experience. Somehow I forgot to tell him the story of how I decorated the Loyalty Oath grad students at Berkeley were forced to sign by writing California Uber Alles all around the edges. (My first paycheck was withheld until I signed a clean copy.)

This gentleman? What an entertaining flight that must have been. Not the quiet and shy type and typically pretty interesting.

[video=youtube_share;1Rm-Fu8rBms]http://youtu.be/1Rm-Fu8rBms

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

I got no work done. He even sang the Arnold Schwarzenegger version of the song for me (which was with the Melvins).

He does mostly spoken word performances now, and has this huge briefcase full of various publications he uses to prepare. I may have been in awe, but he wasn't getting my isle seat. It was bad enough being at the very back of the airplane, next to all the toilets. At least it was Virgin, so they worked.

If you would have said he was busy reading one of the Twilight books and was too enthralled to look up..that would be a surprise :D

Enjoy the Vacay tne, cambodia does sound fantastic these days...good choice.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

You're gonna post Angkor Wat photos in all your comments when you get back, right?

What are the airports like around this time?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Apologies, Jsmith. The title was a bit of a tease. I love the DKs too.

Jud, Yes flew into Siem Reap and went to Angkor Wat temples and Kampong Phluck floating village, now in Battambang, leave today for two days for Phnom Penh, then back to Shanghai.

Interesting country. fantastic weather. Soooo many photos!

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star