IGNORED

Dirac: advices on target curve

I'm evaluating Dirac right now and I wonder if there are good guidelines on target curve design.

The default suggested curve did sounded better, but it was still lacking on low-end so I ended up raising low frequencies slightly. But I'm curious if it should really be just downward-sloping and not somehow follow general shape of original speakers?

I'm evaluating Dirac right now and I wonder if there are good guidelines on target curve design.

The default suggested curve did sounded better, but it was still lacking on low-end so I ended up raising low frequencies slightly. But I'm curious if it should really be just downward-sloping and not somehow follow general shape of original speakers?

Look at page 29 (bottom) of the manual and Be careful to increase bass too much and beyond your speakers' low frequency threshold.

In general, listening and comparing different filters will help you decide.

I have full range speakers, but I'm using also sub (crossovered in receiver). I've got slightly better results with this setup. I'm planning to take day off next week and try different approaches in setting up Dirac and speakers from scratch. The default curve sounds very much similar to "Music" Audyssey curve in my receiver which I don't like because it's too thin-sounding, however their "Movie" curve has some other problems like non-formed bass.

• 2 weeks later...