IGNORED

Interest in Original Peachtree DAC•iT?

Hello all.

I recently upgraded to the new Peachtree DAC•iTx for the 24/192 asynchronous USB option and was wondering if there was any interest in my 1st-generation Peachtree DAC•iT. It's in excellent condition, no obvious scratches or blemishes, and sounds terrific. Has 24/192 coax, 24/96 optical, and 24/96 USB.

It went for $450 new when I purchased it. Given the rise of the 24/192 asynchronous USB models, I imagine $225 (which includes shipping to the continental US) would be fair. Any lower and I'd probably just keep it because even at "only" 24/96, it's a remarkable sounding unit.

All original accessories (e.g., remote) are included. Photos available on demand as detailed as you'd like.

Thanks,

David

I'm interested if that price includes shipping; does it downsample internally from 192/24 (ie sent a 192 file, doesn't output noise, etc)? Looks like it does from the specs sheet, just checking if you've tried before.

-E-

To the best of my experience with it, it does downsample from 192/24. I was listening to Rachel Podger's "Guardian Angel" the other day, which is 192/24, and Audirvana indicated we were at 96/24 on playback.

However, let me hook it back up to my system and run it through a variety of files just to be sure. I'll get back to you in this thread.

Best,

David

P.S. Yes, the $225 includes shipping UPS Ground to anywhere in the continental US.