IGNORED

Overused phrases...

Gramophone magazine recently has this blog posting ... World-class and other adjectives that should be banned

So what phrasing would you ban especially from HiFi reviews.

My first nomination would be to ban "World Best" as an accolade for any device.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Double Blind Testing. (evil grin)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Hit's above its price class

Good for its price class

...and all the similar sayings.

Hear, hear on this one. Stuff is always better than its cost. I would prefer you say, it is better than component A, B, and C. If the reader sees those cost twice or more the item under review then you have provided useful information.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

More like analog.

Firstly, we talking LP, or tape?

Secondly, I don't even consider analog equal to good digital so I don't want my digital to sound like analog.

And well, heck I will stop rather than write a whole rant.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

SOTA...not the turntable, but State of the Art. Shouldn't be used unless something is really close to SOTA. Among a small handful of the very, very best. Excuse me if I don't believe SOTA advances about every third review printed.

(grin)

and

(evil grin)

and similar sayings that serve a self-congradulatory function of affirming the poster's imagined wit.

And sarcastic replies that show the writer can't spell correctly.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Surprised no one has mentioned cost no object design.

Firstly there really is no such thing. Secondly the price of some recent DACs are trying to make a lie of that statement. Not sure which is worse.

Hopefully no one will combine cost no object with hits above its price point in a review.

Rock solid bass.

Also, how about.....stunning.................. there must be some stunned reviewers who feel like the Klingon puppies killed them so regularly are they stunned.

Thought I would combine all the nominations so far.

This integrated amplifier just might be the world's best reproduction device in audio. It lifts veils to a heretofore unseen landscape of sonic experience. Though not cheap at $58,000 it hits above it's price class competing with products costing far more. Even in DBT this would be obvious (evil grins). This game changing giant killer even includes a USB input to the built in highly analog sounding DAC. This state of the art performance won't even allow any bass suckouts to occur. This smart design won't allow ground loops to form without warning the user of such an unwanted event. This unit provides an eye opening experience that flat earther's cannot ignore. Subjectivist or objectivist those who get the chance to behold this unit will find it to be the case, that it approaches cost no object performance in a way that cost is not a reason to object at all. This unit boasts rock solid base, and is so far beyond anything anyone has heard it is simply stunning...stunning to experience. I am all worn out just thinking of it to write this. Even Klingon puppies, rare precious treasures indeed, don't provide the rush of this superlative product. This unit is proof that pure class A technology in amplifiers is dead.