IGNORED

essential elvis hd tracks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi just noticed this has been added. Anyone know whether this is from master tapes and true hd or following the trend of using the 16 bit digital master e.g like the recent Springsteen offering. Just need to know if it will be an improvement. Thanks

Jamie

Hi samwisesam (& fellow audiophiles!),

I have just registered with Computeraudiophile to reply to your question. Also, I have been using this site for too long to get advice on audiophile music downloads. I thought it was time I gave something back to the members of this forum. I have the "Elvis 30 #1 Hits" on redbook and the Analogue Productions of "Elvis 24 Karat Hits!" on SACD, as a reference. Can't say if it is a 16 bit digital master, but I think it is definitely an improvement on the redbook #1 Hits and very close in quality to the AP SACD. Well worth the download, in my opinion.

thanks for responding. I like you get great info on here but rarely feel qualified to get involved in discussions. I have now made the purchase but haven't had the opportunity to listen critically to it but good to know you thought there was an improvement. I have so many versions of these tracks but couldn't resist the chance to get an SQ improvement. Have you got any of the other EP HD albums? If so are they worth the investment in your opinion? thanks again

Jamie

Hi samwisesam (& fellow audiophiles!),

I have just registered with Computeraudiophile to reply to your question. Also, I have been using this site for too long to get advice on audiophile music downloads. I thought it was time I gave something back to the members of this forum. I have the "Elvis 30 #1 Hits" on redbook and the Analogue Productions of "Elvis 24 Karat Hits!" on SACD, as a reference. Can't say if it is a 16 bit digital master, but I think it is definitely an improvement on the redbook #1 Hits and very close in quality to the AP SACD. Well worth the download, in my opinion.

Since you have the 24K Hits! on SACD, I have to ask -- how's the mastering? I know there was a very highly-regarded CD from DCC, but that was a Steve Hoffman job, while I notice the SACD is by George Marino. How does that compare to the DCC, not to mention the job Vic Anesini has done on the Elvis 75 box set?