IGNORED

Discovering Reggae

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there

Made my morning coffee, family all still in bed so on went the headphones sat back and this was the first track to play. Very nice start to the day.

Bob Marley - Stir it up

[video=youtube;S3UqvWk8-uw]

Cheers Frank

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> White Bird Amplification VIRTUS-01> Sennheiser HD650 headphones

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> Cyrus 6VS> Dali Zensor 1

Hello there

Have added two more Dub Compilations to my collection.

Not had a chance to listen too them yet but both look great value.

Another album that's been recommended on here is Skylarking: the Best of Horace Andy some may know him from his work with Massive Attack.

Horace Andy - Natty Dread A Weh She Want

Cheers Frank

PC>JRiver> Lindemann USB-DAC 24/192> White Bird Amplification VIRTUS-01> Sennheiser HD650 headphones

• 3 months later...

Hello there

Its been a while. Just a recommendation from me (think it may off already of been mention here) is Burning Spear: Marcus Garvey/Garvey's Ghost

What you get is Marcus Garvey which is the original album, and Garveys Ghost which is the dub version of the album.

This track was part of my Sunday afternoon listening.

Cheers Frank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello there

First Track on tonight's playlist was this.

[video=youtube;aTKx-3ZTQhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTKx-3ZTQhs

Fever by Horace Andy from Skylarking: Best Of Horace Andy

Still discovering Reggae.

Cheers Frank

Hello All

Enjoying a morning coffee with a bit of Gregory.

Gregory Isaacs - Feeling Sad Tonight

Cheers Frank

Great thread. I am going to try some of the recommendations.

What about Toots and the "Maytals"? There are some great tracks on the following. The reggae version of Take me Home Country Roads and 54-46 was My number are personal favorites.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17555[/ATTACH]

A great one! What about Louie Louie, Pressure Drop, Funky Kingston :)

Some many great songs Toots and the Maytals are one of my favorites.

This is a intro from a small story about Reggae. Say allot IMO.

"From a small Caribbean country with a population of less than 2 million people came a sound that would shake the foundation of music history. Reggae is the sound of the country of Jamaica. It is more than just music, Reggae is the pulse, the lifeblood of the Jamaican people. The music paints a picture of a day-to-day struggle to survive in a beautiful but economically compromised country. This simple but hard life of the Jamaican people forged the foundation for reggae music. I find reggae music to be some of the most beautifully inspiring music I personally have ever heard. I feel reggae is the music of the common man. Anyone, (everyone) who has ever struggled to make a better life for themselves or their family can be moved by the message of reggae music. As we take this journey through a bit of the history of the music of Jamaica, I would like to show how reggae music conveys a powerful spiritual message of peace, love, brotherhood and the unity of all, as the Jamaican motto states; “Out of Many One People.” This powerful message and the divine spirit of this music championed by the king of reggae Bob Marley gives us the true spirit of what I feel reggae is. The social consciousness, political awareness, the struggle for racial equality, and the fight for world peace and harmony are parts of the message, and what this music means to me. This consciousness and truth about what life should really be and how we should live it, and why we were put here on this earth, is what I feel through the music, and is what I hope to convey to my readers. This Story is more than just story about music, it is the soul of true human spirit."

Written by a friend...

• 4 weeks later...
This is a intro from a small story about Reggae. Say allot IMO.

"From a small Caribbean country with a population of less than 2 million people came a sound that would shake the foundation of music history. Reggae is the sound of the country of Jamaica. It is more than just music, Reggae is the pulse, the lifeblood of the Jamaican people. The music paints a picture of a day-to-day struggle to survive in a beautiful but economically compromised country. This simple but hard life of the Jamaican people forged the foundation for reggae music. I find reggae music to be some of the most beautifully inspiring music I personally have ever heard. I feel reggae is the music of the common man. Anyone, (everyone) who has ever struggled to make a better life for themselves or their family can be moved by the message of reggae music. As we take this journey through a bit of the history of the music of Jamaica, I would like to show how reggae music conveys a powerful spiritual message of peace, love, brotherhood and the unity of all, as the Jamaican motto states; “Out of Many One People.” This powerful message and the divine spirit of this music championed by the king of reggae Bob Marley gives us the true spirit of what I feel reggae is. The social consciousness, political awareness, the struggle for racial equality, and the fight for world peace and harmony are parts of the message, and what this music means to me. This consciousness and truth about what life should really be and how we should live it, and why we were put here on this earth, is what I feel through the music, and is what I hope to convey to my readers. This Story is more than just story about music, it is the soul of true human spirit."

Written by a friend...

Thanks Bob for sharing that.

Hello All

Another easy number from Luciano- After All from Shake It Up Tonight album was on the playlist tonight.

Cheers Frank