IGNORED

Help With Speaker Setup in Very Small Room

Hi guys,

So I hope this is the right forum for this question. So I am running my audio through my iMac using a Schiit Modi going directly into two Adam Audio F5 Speakers. The room where I have my computer in is very tiny and because I have a dual monitor setup, there is no room on my desk for the speakers.

My question is this: What is my best option sound wise? Should I mount the speakers to the wall above the monitors and angle them down at my head or put them on 18" or so stands behind the monitors? My second option would be to move my desk out into my main studio and add an extra desk so that I can fit my monitors and the speakers. Which is the better idea?

I included a few images so you can get the idea of the room. Thank you so much for any feedback.

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

Wow I thought my home office was small. :-)

It looks like wall or ceiling mounts (with extension bar) are the only way you could achieve proper triangulation b/c your listening position is so close. Is the other wall longer? If so, it looks like you would get better sound and speaker placement options with the desk against the window wall and sitting parallel to the longer dimension.

Wow I thought my home office was small. :-)

It looks like wall or ceiling mounts (with extension bar) are the only way you could achieve proper triangulation b/c your listening position is so close. Is the other wall longer? If so, it looks like you would get better sound and speaker placement options with the desk against the window wall and sitting parallel to the longer dimension.

No that wall is the same size. I think after looking at mounts that I'm going to just move my desk into the other room so there is more space to maneuver. Thanks for the advice!

I don't think that's neccessary albon......i kinda like your space,...very cozy and secure IMO.

Placing the speakers on stands above the monitors and tilted down is a better option than on the wall. The closer to the wall, the more unintended midbass boost you'll get which results in a muddle composition. But i would certainly treat the wall behind you to avoid those early reflection points. There's some pretty asthetic options out there both commercially and DIY. I've built some panels using simple framing lumber filled with OC703 batt insulation and covered in acoustic cloth screen printed with some of my favorite artwork or movie posters for the home theater. I can fwd you some links to the company that does the printing as well as the thread where i learned of it.