IGNORED

Article: Is Apple Hiding The New Beats Music App?

I've had Beats for a month. Canceling. Poor performance -often fails to play when you push play, drops library entries, complete lack of capability on web app (no libraries !!, no sentence play, etc. etc. etc.) Extremely disappointed at the loss of MOG. Spotify 30 day trial in process.

• 2 weeks later...

Extremely disappointed at the loss of MOG myself. Their catalogue was almost perfect for my taste, especially the ECM stuff, which by the way started disappearing (Stanko, Garbarek etc). My trial of BeatsMusic so far was disappointing and I canceled, their app is next to useless for me. I was hoping that the MOG catalogue will transfer to BeatsMusic more so because of this recent development:

Beats Music opens up, making its API public | Internet & Media - CNET News

Yes, BeatsMusic will provide an API to their service which means that somebody can write an app to access their catalogue directly or through another music player. Think JRiver with a BeatsMusic hook-up, assuming their catalogue remains relevant. Wow.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like MOG will live a little longer which is great news for me. The ECM stuff is gone though, most other streaming services too.

That's too bad. I hope the industry can come up with a financially viable (for the streaming service and the artists) high quality streaming service. I don't mind paying more then the current ongoing rates. My current cable TV garbage is $60/mo and I watch very little TV and very few channels. Why $60/mo? Because that is the package that contains the channels that I occasionally watch the rest is stuffed down my throat. So I am willing to pay a premium for a good music streaming service. Anybody else?

• 2 weeks later...

I really loved MOG and my Favorites list. Beats sucks big time. I like listening to the whole album the way the artists intended.

Alpha Dog>Audirvana+>Light Harmonic Geek>MacBook Pro> Sound Application Reference>Modwright Oppo 105>Concert Fidelity CF 080 preamp>Magnus MA 300 amp>Jena labs and Prana Wire cables>Venture CR-8 Signature[br]

• 3 months later...