IGNORED

Article: Is Apple Hiding The New Beats Music App?

Sorry to be contrary, but ...

If I enclose the search in quotes, the app appears as teh first hit.

eg:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beats-music/id781817640?mt=8

160 ratings in one morning.

If they really wanted to hide it, all they would have to do is reject putting it in the App store.

What are the odds the average or above average iTunes user will use quotes? Maybe I should have said buried in the App store rather than hiding if you want to take things literally. 160 ratings likely because everyone received the direct link to the app from Beats Music.

Plus, rejecting it from the App Store would bring more attention to Beats Music. Where is your usual conspiracy theory attitude Professor Scott? :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Sorry, not buying the conspiracy theory here. I was able to find and download the app with no trouble. I had more trouble writing this comment than I had finding the app. For some reason, I had to go to the mobile default style in order to be able to add this comment.

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

I downloaded the app on my ipad. No airplay it seems, which MOG allowed from the desktop app.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

Sorry Chris, I think you may have jumped the gun. I just went to the iTunes Store, entered beats music (no caps, no quotes) and it was the very first item--a perfect match.

10385-screen-shot-2014-01-21-11-06-16-am.png

It didn't appear when I searched for it on my ipad. I used the link from this site.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

I tried downloading it last night and it didn't come up in a search, but I easily found a link on Twitter.

I wasn't really thinking conspiracy, just a delay in getting the app store up to speed.

FWIW, the recent Beats commercials with Colin Kaepernick and Richard Sherman both had a link to buy the featured song ('The Man' by Aloe Blacc) on iTunes.

I reckon Apple and Beats are BPFs (Brand Partners Forever). :)

I haven't bought an itunes track in over 12 months. I still buy hirez tracks. I subscribe to Pandora and Rhapsody. Chris is correct in pointing out Apple has been left dead in the water on standard res music distribution. They were extremely late to the streaming party. As a consequence unless they differentiate the itunes store experience very quickly this program and the whole Apple music experience and Apples position as a dominant music distributor is finished IMHO..

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I haven't bought an itunes track in over 12 months. I still buy hirez tracks. I subscribe to Pandora and Rhapsody. Chris is correct in pointing out Apple has been left dead in the water on standard res music distribution. They were extremely late to the streaming party. As a consequence unless they differentiate the itunes store experience very quickly this program and the whole Apple music experience and Apples position as a dominant music distributor is finished IMHO..

There's just no value in Apple's iTunes related offerings. Plus, streaming services won't help apple sell more iPhones. If Apple purchased something like Rdio they'd have to make the service an iPhone exclusive and include the subscription with iPhones for them to sell more devices. If Apple starts to sell large high resolution files I can see people needing more space on iDevices.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Only when these companies start to stream lossless files and give information about the precedence/press/edition from an album or song i'll be interested in streaming. Today i'm still struggling to find the best release from an album (Dynamic Range) in redbook and hirez. But, well i'm note their core user/target.

-

Mac mini 2.3 Ghz i7 16gb Ram with Mojo Audio Joule III PSU(2T SSD) -> Audioquest Diamond USB -> dCS Vivaldi DAC (Shunyata Alpha Digital) -> Transparent XL Gen5 XLR -> Classé CA-M600 -> Audioquest OAK single biwire -> B&W 802D3. Software: Mac OSX El Captain, Audirvana 2.2, Amarra Symphony IRC, Roon. Storage: Lacie 5big Network 2 5T. Power Conditioner: Shunyata Triton + Typhon.

I think all the issues are related to first day of service launch woes. I got a notification from MOG about the transition, tried the web version after registering and did not work, tried to download the app from Apple, could not find it. An hour later both worked just fine.

To the bigger issue I have is that I find the new app, how should I put it, underwhelming. I am using the service because of the music library and the streaming sound quality and both seem intact at this point, which means I will continue to use the service. I just hope that the apps improve over time.

Not following your logic.

Chris the title of your article ;

" Is Apple Hiding The New Beats Music App?" my response, a 15 year old has the app on her iphone, I would say Apple is not hiding the New Beats Music App. Maybe some adults can't find it

The Truth Is Out There

Chris the title of your article ;

" Is Apple Hiding The New Beats Music App?" my response, a 15 year old has the app on her iphone, I would say Apple is not hiding the New Beats Music App. Maybe some adults can't find it

The app is available via direct link from Beats. Have you ruled that out? Also the app has mysteriously appears as the #1 search result.