IGNORED

'I don't want to hear the word sonic ever again'

Interesting perspective from a music critic:

'I don't want to hear the word sonic ever again' - Telegraph

I couldn't access the comments due to a problem with Disqus, so would like to know about any responses of merit.

My problem with the pieceis that IMO he overstates and oversimplifies the issue at stake? It strikes me as rhetorically pointed. I guess it's typical of some op ed styles. Wonder where he's coming from? I do empathize with his position and think there is a substantial core issue here. Sure would like to see someone articulate it with the depth and nuance it would need to do justice to the underlying concern.

I couldn't access the comments due to a problem with Disqus, so would like to know about any responses of merit.

Here is the best one, IMO, YMMV:

What a load of twaddle. All the great music to be described, analysed and promoted and Hewitt can only come up with this.
I didn't even bother reading the comments that is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

+1

I was just about to write something very similar. Duh! "Sonic" means "pertaining to sound". Does anyone take issue with the fact that music is a form of sound? The author strikes me as the type who likes to hear the sound of his own voice or, in this case, to see the sight of his own words.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I didn't even bother reading the comments that is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

Then you haven't been reading much of the daily fodder lately (neither have I).

These guys gotta come up with something to write everyday (if they want to earn enough to get their 500k audiophile systems). So it's just some more twaddle, but hardly the dumbest ever.

Chris

Btw, I like the Sonic commercials, now there's some seriously dumbass twaddle that tickles the silly bone.