IGNORED

Sony HAP-Z1ES has arrived

Merko

5. Anyone either do the Red Wine or Mod Wright mod? I really like the idea of this level of flexibility and the options here seem really cool. Might be better to get the Sony and do one of these rather than mess with some higher end DAC and computer playback. i like the idea of a component.

Thanks for the input - I learn a lot from this forum.

Richard

I was at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) in Denver earlier this month and was able to hear the HAP-Z1ES with the Red Wine Audio tube mods. Very impressive! Takes the HAP to an entirely new level.

Either this is real or you are VERY VERY good with PS. I'm impressed!

You forgot the fan. If Sony put a fan in a unit with one HD, 2 HD must have a fan as well.

You got me!

Not trying to yank anyone's chain, just hoping to make Sony take notice as this is what they should build. The unit is exactly what I want to buy, except it will not handle my 67,000 music files in either database or hard drive capacity.

The digital out will satisfy many users regardless of how good the internal DAC sounds according to all reports. I have a Grace m905 that sounds amazing and I doubt the Sony sounds as good as the Grace, so yeah, the digital out suits me too.

Anyway, fun is over, lets hope Sony release the V2 soon, as I am sure it will be without a doubt the best selling unit of it's kind. GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT SONY!

@stevo, I'll forward your images to my contacts at Sony if that's OK with you. I would totally upgrade or get a second unit if Z2es was real. :)

What apps did you use to make the images? You're very good.

You most definitely have my permission! I use Photoshop, daily......

I've sent the images to my friend who is a Sony ES speakers engineer in JP and the head of Sony ES home audio division for the U.S. market. :)

Sweet! I really hope they take notice, but I am not holding my breath....I think they are selling too many of the current model to be bothered, so people, stop buying it and complain about the limitations instead! ;-)

Firmware v 0013814r software just became available. Don't know what's changed.

Looks like only one improvement in this release:

Name: Firmware update v13814R for HAP-S1 / HAP-Z1ES

Date released: 28-10-2014

Benefits and improvements:

• Improves the internet security when accessing network services

Hey everyone -

Took the plunge last night with my local dealer and did a basic setup and starting to move files onto it. It is also running the latest firmware update. Notes so far:

1. Transferring files - not fast but not terrible. When it is done it is done.

2. Operation is very straight forward and simple.

3. Large and heavy. Like the finish - not sure I was going to. Reminds me of some old Sony pro audio stuff from my mastering days. I like the fact the power light is green. Match's my tube integrated.

4. Hard drive is noticeable when your are right next to it - not from a listening position.

Not ready to comment on the sound yet. Just getting used to it and how it works in my system. For those who have owned it for a while how many hours do you feel the player needs till it starts to break in? Low end is little soft right out of the box.

More to come. Thank you -

Richard

My System: McIntosh C47, McIntosh MC152, McIntosh MCT450, Prima Luna Dialogue Premium Tube Integrated, Dynaudio Special 25's, Transparent Super Interconnects and Speaker Cables

Not ready to comment on the sound yet. Just getting used to it and how it works in my system. For those who have owned it for a while how many hours do you feel the player needs till it starts to break in? Low end is little soft right out of the box.

Richard

The HAP-Z1ES I have in my home office took about 150 hours before it was really rolling sound wise. So I'd target that length of time for burn-in and serious evaluation afterwards.

Is anyone else having problems editing playlists on an Ipad? I can successfully remove items on an android tablet, but with my ipad, I go through the process, select OK, get a message saying the playlist has been saved, but when I go back in to check, the items I tried to delete are still there. This is with the latest version of the app and IOS 8.1.

Is anyone else having problems editing playlists on an Ipad? I can successfully remove items on an android tablet, but with my ipad, I go through the process, select OK, get a message saying the playlist has been saved, but when I go back in to check, the items I tried to delete are still there. This is with the latest version of the app and IOS 8.1.

Me too, but it seems to delete the track above the one that is chosen.

"The main problem with communication is the illusion that it has been achieved"

Auralic Aries & Vega / Pass Labs XP-30 / DSPeaker 2.0 / Pass Labs XA160.5 / mbl 101E mk2

Hi Bmoura -

Thanks for the reply. Do you know off hand when playing a DSD file and the DSD remastering engine is on - is the DSD remastering being applied. It seems like it is.

Also - I think I saw some of your posts in another forum and one of your HAP's has been modified by Red Wine. If so - how is it working out for you and which level of mod did you get?

Thanks -

Richard

My System: McIntosh C47, McIntosh MC152, McIntosh MCT450, Prima Luna Dialogue Premium Tube Integrated, Dynaudio Special 25's, Transparent Super Interconnects and Speaker Cables

HIFiGuy, would it also be possible to ask your Sony Japan ES contacts whether the Z1 will ever be available in black like the S1?

I am just about to pull the trigger on the Z1 from Sony Canada but would hold off and wait if there were any plans to provide it in black in the near future as everything else in my setup is black...Thanks!

HIFiGuy, would it also be possible to ask your Sony Japan ES contacts whether the Z1 will ever be available in black like the S1?

I am just about to pull the trigger on the Z1 from Sony Canada but would hold off and wait if there were any plans to provide it in black in the near future as everything else in my setup is black...Thanks!

Very unlikely because Z1es was designed by the same designer as the SCD-1. I will ask for you.

10723335_365580970282589_2000198520_n.jpg