IGNORED

Anybody tried this usb filter ?

The I-fi stuff has glowing reviews. The iUSB to be clear provides clean power and leaves the signal untouched. The iPurifier on the other hand filters power and signal. The claim is a 5db reduction in noise (over what bandwidth is not stated on their product page).

On the other hand quoted from the JRE page:

"The data line filters pass the up to 480Mbps of USB Type 1 or 2 data while providing rejection greater than 80dB from 1GHz through 6 GHz. The power line filters pass the DC power and return while providing rejection greater than 80dB from 1MHz through 6 GHz."

Of course there may be more to this than pure specs, the proof of the pudding lies in the eating...

Anybody have experience with the JRE product?

• 2 weeks later...

The JRE unit appears to be primarily a radio frequency filter operating from about 500Mhz upwards.

Specifications:

Data Line Balanced Impedance: 90 Ohms typical

Typical Insertion Loss (data lines):

10 MHz 0.1 dB

150 MHz 1.2 dB

250 MHz 1.5 dB

350 MHz 2.0 dB

480 MHz 3.0 dB

700 MHz > 70 dB

800 MHz to 6 GHz > 80 dB

DC Power lines: 0.1 ohms DC resistance, -3 db @ 10 MHz, -60 @ 100 MHz, -80 db, 400 MHz to 6GHz

It's not to clear to me at present how the iFi iPurifier works as I have not found a tech paper on it yet, but here is what iFi say about it,

Technologies:

PurePurification® technology removes unwanted EMI from USB audio + power.

iPurifier removes DC offset and rebalances the USB audio for perfect transmission.

Compliant with USB Audio Class 2.0 (handles PCM/DXD/DSD).

Specifications

High-Speed USB Audio Class 2.0 (384kHz and beyond supported)

Impedance: 90 ohms

Connectors: FINAL machined alloy connectors

Dimensions:62(l) x 19 (w) x 18 (h) mm

Weight:32g (0.0705lbs)

I guess you may have to try both. It is hard to rely on user experience alone as your mileage may differ. There is a big price difference. As you will see from my signature I have a few of the iFi units and have found that they don't make exaggerated claims. Each one brought its claimed attributes to the table, and operated without tech issues. Some experimentation with various settings and cable configurations paid dividends. That is why I say try if you can.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.