IGNORED

Mac Mini set up

Vladi

Help me create setup with a Mac mini. At the forum too much information, but I have not found anything specific to myself. And there are even more questions.

So, if I have iTunes, do I need JRiver if I want to use Amarra?

What better connection USB or Fire Wire?

What DAC up to $1000 you recommend me? Maybe something from Pro. I liked Pro.

Which Disk Storage?

Thanks

Sonic Studio recommends a small Solid State Hard Drive (100 GB or so) be used for the Mac OS and Applications, then a larger FireWire- or Thunderbolt-attachded Solid State Hard Drive be used for your iTunes Music Library and other music file storage such as HD Tracks downloads. Generally SLC (single-level cell) drives are considered better, more dependable drives vs the cheaper MLC (Multi-level cell).

Spinning drive or NAS is best used for storage/backup of one’s library.

From this I realized that I can use FireWire- or Thunderbolt-attachded Solid State Hard Drive for my iTunes Music Library. But I can`t find the external SSD Storage Disk. I found only external Hard disk storage. Please help me.

And one more question, which is better: FireWire- or Thunderbolt ?

I put an 1 TB HD with 7200 rpm and 8GB in an Mac mini i5 Late 2012 and connected it via HDMI to my AVR. Sounds good and has a very simple multichannel connection. I put Audirvana in the autostart folder and use my iPhone for navigation in iTunes.

Will be able to use a analog connection with M-Audio Fire 410 Firewire interface. I like HDMI more because of possibility of bassmanagement and timedelays. It sounds more compact with correct multichannel timing. I use a big double bass array as subwoofer for linear bass reproduction.

Mac mini i7/16GB/1TB Late 2012 Audirvana Plus 2.3.1 (Mac OS 10.11.3) controlled by A+ Remote (iOS 9.2) -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-3808A -> Visaton VOX 252 Surround setup/Dual Bass Array

I put an 1 TB HD with 7200 rpm and 8GB in an Mac mini i5 Late 2012 and connected it via HDMI to my AVR. Sounds good and has a very simple multichannel connection. I put Audirvana in the autostart folder and use my iPhone for navigation in iTunes.

Will be able to use a analog connection with M-Audio Fire 410 Firewire interface. I like HDMI more because of possibility of bassmanagement and timedelays. It sounds more compact with correct multichannel timing. I use a big double bass array as subwoofer for linear bass reproduction.

M-Audio Fire 410 this is old. Now ProFire 610. Do You use with Pre Amp? Or Line Output possible connected with Power Amp?

I use the Fire 410 with AVR via external multichannel in. This configuration is for Final Cut Studio and Logic Studio. For multichannel music I use the HDMI connection.

Mac mini i7/16GB/1TB Late 2012 Audirvana Plus 2.3.1 (Mac OS 10.11.3) controlled by A+ Remote (iOS 9.2) -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-3808A -> Visaton VOX 252 Surround setup/Dual Bass Array

Where are you listening ? At the computer ,in close ? If so ,do you have nearfield monitors like Genelec ?

My favorite DAC which I paid 899 for is the Audiolab M-DAC which I have paired with a Mac mini and Genelec nearfield monitors that sit on my desk . Using balanced analog cables from Blue Jeans cable .

• 3 weeks later...