IGNORED

Has Anyone Heard the Boenicke W5?

I use Kimber select on W5 SE ……the speakers need at least 100-150W and don't benefit from custom footings in my experience. The slight 'brightness/steeliness' in top goes with use and hours on the speaker. Otherwise use 'copper' based cables in the amp loop and this does 'soften' the sound as against silver based cables.

Christopher - thank you for the useful insights.

Markus - what a proper description of the Boenickes', I subscribe to it completely. As I noticed that you have Hi-Fi store (a fine one both visualy and in terms of product range) I,d like to ask you your advise: what speaker cables would you recomend if I wanted to increase the mids tonality and soft the highs? Thank you!

I would like to recommend Crystal Cable - very transparent without being over analytical with a very natural balance throughout the spectrum.

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

• 1 year later...

Wow .. they look really beautifull  :D

Will you even be able to compare them side by side to the real thing ?

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have, not one but two pairs of W5s. On reading 6Moons reviews where  Srajan Ebaen said that the Clones amp and W5s are 90% listeners will ever need. I bought them and have not been disappointed They are perfect for my small apartment. I happen to be browsing Ebay, when I came across of a  pair of W5s with a damaged driver. Sven from Boenicke sent  me a new one. I have that pair in my bedroom

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

10 hours ago, torcik said:

I have, not one but two pairs of W5s. On reading 6Moons reviews where  Srajan Ebaen said that the Clones amp and W5s are 90% listeners will ever need. I bought them and have not been disappointed They are perfect for my small apartment. I happen to be browsing Ebay, when I came across of a  pair of W5s with a damaged driver. Sven from Boenicke sent  me a new one. I have that pair in my bedroom

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Hey, nice system! 

You could read 6 moons reviews? I can’t read more than a paragraph then the words just merge to a mess.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 2 years later...
On 5/7/2018 at 5:32 PM, torcik said:

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I auditioned the Boenicke w5 and liked them, but I was not swept away, and found them expensive. I had Harbeth P3ESR (standard then Anniversary model) at home for a couple years. Ultimately I got frustrated with the Harbeth as they just emphasize the medium range too much, so I sold them. The Boenicke are definitely more balanced. 

I have owned Boenicke w5’s for more 2 yrs  .. current amp is a Modright KWH225i Integrated Hybrid Amp 

front end is all streaming ,,NimitraS running roon Core .. Lumin D2 w/Sbooster power Supply  and just added a Hugo2 taking a signal from the Lumin by digital BNC

i also have a Boenicke stereo dual opposing  driver self powered subwoofer (discontinued in the current line up Of Svens ..magic boxes )

wonderful sound they have to be heard to be believed .. they are not dry and all about the numbers .. but about what you hear in daily listening .. and since we really don’t listen with an osilascope (speel chk) to me my smile is what matters .. and i never fail to have one .. when the music comes on 

these are speakers worth trying to get in-front of you .. be aware they are power hungry little beasts .. and not just total watts .. they need high current amplification 

E719C299-D9A4-4C1E-94E0-06A68B3DC9BC.jpeg

• 7 months later...