IGNORED

Motherboard fore AudioPhhile Gigabyte GA-H81.AMP-UP

pasa66

I have no experience with this board but I guess it will be comparable with having a proper soundcard installed like for example a Asus Sonar DSX.

For the money it is although an interesting alternative.

This is already a significant step up from the usual onboard sound chipsets when using the analog outputs.

Most of us will prefer an external USB dac anyway when going for the best sound quality but these will set you back at least another 200-300 EUR

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

The low-noise USB output looks like they provide this with a regulated clean 5Volt for powering the DAC / USB receiver.

I made something like that in my previous HTPC with an external regulator (LM317) to provide clean power for USB.

The power suplly is a complete kit from Velleman which you have to assemble (solder) yourself.

Foto-6FOES6MZ-D.jpg

Foto-SEDPF3LG-D.jpg

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

yes. i prefer an external USB DAC to,

but the componet and goldplated USB port must be a stepp upp,

look like its the first motherboard for Audiophile

sems intresting,

what is th bennefit whit this,

my dac dont need 5v on the USB

i can run it whit a add-in USB card whitout 5v extra power

sems intresting,

what is th bennefit whit this,

my dac dont need 5v on the USB

i can run it whit a add-in USB card whitout 5v extra power

The best you can do if you do not need the 5V to isolate or cut the USB power leads in the USB cable at the computer end.

The benefit is the USB cable then only transports the USB signal withou any noisy power lines running parrallel the whole length.

If i got the specs right on this, one can disable the 5V power on the dedicated USB socket.

see manual at page 29:

USB DAC Power

Enables or disables the power for the USB DAC connector on the back panel. For a USB DAC that has

independent power, set this item to Disabled. (Default: Enabled)

This would be quite interesting, as I plan on building a Haswell based system at the monment,

but there seem to be no distributors have that board in stock in Europe (asked the Gigabyte hotline too, but they couldn't help).

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II