IGNORED

Oppo BDP-105(D) finally gets a DSD64 & 128 DAC

Reviving this thread because of two questions:

1) Does the rear USB port accept DSD today (June of 2016) via computer or is the unit still only accepting DSD files through the front port USB-stick-only input?

2) IF the rear accepts DSD, is it DoP only or does it accept it natively?

Thanks in advance if you have any answers!!

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

I am pretty sure that using the USB dac input on the rear of the 105D (but not the regular 105), it accepts native DSD64 & DSD128 but not DSD256. Sold mine last year so don't know if any upgrades to firmware now allow DSD256.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

I am pretty sure that using the USB dac input on the rear of the 105D (but not the regular 105), it accepts native DSD64 & DSD128 but not DSD256. Sold mine last year so don't know if any upgrades to firmware now allow DSD256.

Thanks for the reply sbank. Oppo's current language makes is clear that the 105D unit does not accept DSD256. What is unclear is the WAY in which it "accepts" DSD64/128. Did your unit accept DSD via computer via the rear USB port, or did you have to manually plug in a USB stick to the front ports to get it to play DSD? Also, IF it did accept DSD through the rear port via a computer, was your media software (e.g. JRiver) sending the DSD file "natively", or did you have to configure Dop first?

Thanks for the reply sbank. Oppo's current language makes is clear that the 105D unit does not accept DSD256. What is unclear is the WAY in which it "accepts" DSD64/128. Did your unit accept DSD via computer via the rear USB port, or did you have to manually plug in a USB stick to the front ports to get it to play DSD? Also, IF it did accept DSD through the rear port via a computer, was your media software (e.g. JRiver) sending the DSD file "natively", or did you have to configure Dop first?

As I said: "using the USB dac input on the rear of the 105D" & "it accepts native DSD64 & DSD128 ".

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

As I said: "using the USBdac input on the rear of the 105D" & "it accepts native DSD64 & DSD128 ".

oops, you did say that! My bad!! Good to know. I think I will pull the trigger on one of these, my concern now is using the unit as a pre-amp and the volume control behavior. Apparently, after a certain events (e.g. an update of the firmware, possibly a hard reset/power loss though I am not sure) the volume resets itself to max (100). This makes sense as Oppo designed the unit as a media player and not as a pre-amp. They should make a version with manual volume on the front panel (and change the reset behavior) and charge another $200 for it and sell it as a pre-amp...