IGNORED

Yes - The Studio Albums 1969-1987 HDTracks

Hi,

anyone knows if it's the same mastering as on the single Album previously sold from HDTracks?

Thanks in advance

Albert Einstein: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Hello, I'd bet these are the same. No bonus tracks, unlike the 44.1/16 boxed CD release, this seems to be the HDTracks, bundled. Wonder if they ever put Drama to D/L separately. It is part of the "Studio Albums 1969-1987" release but separate download is unavailable. Step by step I bought all the Yes 192/24 downloads, including Yessongs and Yesshows. Missing only Drama. They would make me immensely angry, if they let Drama download only as a part of the whole box with no option of separate download.

Another one missing from an individual release is Fragile. Yes HDtracks do have an individual release, but it's just the old 2002 DVD-rip they have been selling for a while, and not one of the newer masters. So it's Drama and Fragile that are the new masters in the set and not available individually.

Just to be clear here, is it confirmed that this new boxset are the same Masterings as the old individually ones?

Albert Einstein: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Another one missing from an individual release is Fragile. Yes HDtracks do have an individual release, but it's just the old 2002 DVD-rip they have been selling for a while, and not one of the newer masters. So it's Drama and Fragile that are the new masters in the set and not available individually.
Yeah, that is right, but I forgot to mention Fragile since I already have the Japan SACD (the first issue, not the High Vibration box). Nevertheless, if HDTracks would offer Fragile on 192/24, I would like to D/L it either.

These have to be lifted from the SACD box that came out recently from Japan.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Yeah, that I was also thinking... So, stick around with the pure master tapes (without vulume compression, if it is really the High Vibrate Mastering).

Please god don't let this be so. The new JP Yes sacd box set is reportedly a train wreck of dynamic range compression and poor audio quality. Since these titles are at 192khz and not 176k, I'm hoping this isn't the case.

Please god don't let this be so. The new JP Yes sacd box set is reportedly a train wreck of dynamic range compression and poor audio quality. Since these titles are at 192khz and not 176k, I'm hoping this isn't the case.

That's what I've read too.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Apologies for resurrecting a slightly dated thread, but I didn't see another. Drama and Fragile are now both available as individual purchases on HDTracks. Should anyone do a Google search as I did, they will now see an answer.

Has anyone ponied up for the full set? If so, what are your thoughts?

Apologies for resurrecting a slightly dated thread, but I didn't see another. Drama and Fragile are now both available as individual purchases on HDTracks. Should anyone do a Google search as I did, they will now see an answer.

Has anyone ponied up for the full set? If so, what are your thoughts?

I think you're wrong. HDtracks still seems to sell only the old version of Fragile individually. The new one only seems to be available only as part of the complete set.

I've bought every studio album from HDtracks up until Drama (apart from Fragile) individually and think they all sound very good. The best digital versions I've heard. Would be very surprised if they are the same masters as those japanese supposedly brickwalled SACDs. I checked DR of a couple of the HDtracks downloads when I bought them and think the values were around 10-12.

I've bought every studio album from HDtracks up until Drama (apart from Fragile) individually and think they all sound very good. The best digital versions I've heard. Would be very surprised if they are the same masters as those japanese supposedly brickwalled SACDs. I checked DR of a couple of the HDtracks downloads when I bought them and think the values were around 10-12.

I can confirm that.

Claude