IGNORED

Rega DAC MkII

Does anyone know: is there a new version of the Rega DAC with 24/192 async USB interface?

Has anything else changed?

No details on rega.co.uk yet but I saw it mentioned as having async USB on a news report from CES2014 without it saying its a new product.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I saw a similar reference and am equally curious. I'm even more curious to know if there will be a potential upgrade from the original Rega DAC.

All I can find for definite is there is a new Saturn CD player / DAC with 2x coax, 2x optical plus 24/192 async USB.

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

I did (contact a dealer)... And I got a response back from Rega via local dealer...

I think there will be a new or tweaked version at some point but it’s a fair way off (months rather than weeks!)

Eloise

Eloise

---

I also reached out to the US Distributors and received a reply that the posting on Audiostream was misleading and if you check now it's been updated. They also went on to say that there are no plans at present to update the DAC. Shame, I got all excited for a second!

Mike

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

• 1 month later...

Beside the async USB and a possible update internal circuits, I would KILL for a remote...

Stereo

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite MC > Clearaudio Basic +

Synology NAS 213 > AURALIC Vega DAC

Pathos Classic ONE mkIII > Inakustik LS 1108 > Dynaudio Excite X12

AV

Samsung UE60KS7000 > Panasonic UB900 > Yamaha RX V775 > Dynaudio excite X22 > MA BFX > BK XLS 200 MkIII