IGNORED

Playback problem with High Definition files

Hi everyone,

it's my first post here, so sorry if I write something stupid. I just bought today a pair of Focal CMS 40 with a Motu Microbook 2 card in order to upgrade my playback experience in HD. I have downloaded many tracks from HDTracks.com and I wanted to achiece the best audio quality possible. I am using Windows Media Player as playback software (with codecs, enhancements etc.) but I see no diffirence in sound quality. Do I have to change something in Motu's software CueMix??? Or maybe the control panel of Windows??? Even the playback software?? I just spent 820 euros and I am starting to worry.

Hi everyone,

it's my first post here, so sorry if I write something stupid. I just bought today a pair of Focal CMS 40 with a Motu Microbook 2 card in order to upgrade my playback experience in HD. I have downloaded many tracks from HDTracks.com and I wanted to achiece the best audio quality possible. I am using Windows Media Player as playback software (with codecs, enhancements etc.) but I see no diffirence in sound quality. Do I have to change something in Motu's software CueMix??? Or maybe the control panel of Windows??? Even the playback software?? I just spent 820 euros and I am starting to worry.

when you say you "see" no difference in sound quality, do you mean that you don't "see" the resolution changing in the playback software?

David

Music Analysis - Objective & Subjective

Check this forum to see if your HD downloads have been analyzed. Quite a few are actually merely upsampled 44.1/16 bit recordings. You also could learn how to analyze them yourself in Audacity.

The next thing is despite claims to the contrary, most people couldn't hear any difference in 16 and 24 bit sound. Though usually careful listening will show most HD downloads are at least mastered differently than a CD release.

And finally, that is assuming this isn't a troll. It sure looks like one. If not, my apologies for my suspicions. Welcome to CA.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.