IGNORED

sound card or usb interface ?????????????

hi all this is a question that has probably been asked a few times but which is better as im looking to upgrade my pc sound im running spdif into my cyrus av master 8.0 then on to my cyrus 8 power amps running my mission 782se front speakers although im happy with the sound from the pc I cant help thinking that there is more to come i also have some technics 1210 turntables with rega tone arms fitted and when I do a mix and try to record on the pc the sound is very distorted the line in is way to loud im looking for a audiophile usb interface or sound card any ideas please thanks steve

I prefer USB to the soundcard in my PC for music playback. If the line input is too high when you're trying to record it is more likely a setting in the sound mixer than an inherent problem from the card itself. What software are you recording with?

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

Thank you for a sensable reply mate I'm using audacity to record via the line in on my motherboard.I have to turn down the line in on my mixer within windows to 10 and it's still slightly distorted any higher and it just goes into total distortion I'm using windows7 it used to record perfect in xp will this be any good eBay I'd 301059738217 as it has line in and out also spdif and a variable output thanks again Steve

I used to have a NAD phono preamp that worked well with sound card on my old Dell computer but the output was too much for the card in my Gateway PC. I bought another preamp that had a level control (to reduce the line level input) and it solved my problem.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.