IGNORED

HiFi Choice Ultimate Group Test: DACs £130 - £1,200

As BEEMB mentioned in another thread, HiFi Choice (a UK publication) published a group test of various DACs back in their February 2009 issue - issue number 319.

In the test they examined

Apogee Digital Mini-DAC (£690)
    Beresford TC-7510 (£130)
    Cambridge Audio DACMagic (£200)
    Cyrus DAC-X (£1,200)
    Heed Audio DACtilus (£300)
    Lavry Engineering DA-10 (£763)

They awarded "HiFi Choice: Best Buy" to the Beresford, Cambridge Audio, Cyrus and Lavry for been good value products at their respective price points. They especially praised the Cambridge Audio as punching above it's pricepoint so thats not to say for out and out performance it was the best - the Cyrus and Lavry both had their good points.

I'm unsure if this will be acceptable, but if people are interested and Chris feels it's okay - obviously the article is copyright - I am prepared to copy out the conclusions they wrote at the end of the article. (hopefully can get scanner to work).

Anyway I thought it might be of interest to others and beyond the discussing in the original thread where BEEMB mentioned the article.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.