IGNORED

Super HiRez Download: The Clash, Sandinista!

I never got into the Clash except hearing "Rock the Casbah" on classic rock FM radio. Got London Calling from HDTracks and loved it! I didn't know what I was missing.

Got this one from Acoustic Sounds because it is cheaper than HDTracks even with a discount code. This album rocks too!

01_-_The_Magnificent_Seven.jpg

01_-_The_Magnificent_Seven_and_Music_Analysis_-_Objective___Subjective_-_Page_2.jpg

Frequency_Analysis_and_01_-_The_Magnificent_Seven.jpg

We had a lot of discussion on the new The Clash releases a while back…some of us really liked the new releases even with some higher DR numbers. The tone and detail seemed to make up more ground than was lost with the compression.

Anyway, if you are new to The Clash, i highly recommend the new "The Clash Hits Back" album. You can get it in the same high resolution format and it will give you a broad perspective on the band's range. And it is just a plain good album!

Best,

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...