IGNORED

If a difference is audible, is it measurable?

Well?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you saying that AC and DC act the same, and have the same characteristics?

Nobody said anything about DC vs AC. However, having cleared that up, I'd like to point out that while with DC, wire has only resistance as a component and with AC, reactance comes into play making impedance vary with frequency, a sub-100 Hz sine wave does have more in common with DC than it has with a 20 KHz sine wave because at low frequencies, both capacitance and inductive reactance are very low - too low for commonly used speaker wire or interconnects to enter into the equation.

???

Simple. That some people cannot see that harmonics of a fundamental, such as the transient attack and high frequency complexities of a bass drum or the bow or pluck of bass viol, while part of the bass line in a piece of music, is not, spectrally, part of the bass waveform, is a problem in understanding sound and how it works that these people must overcome by themselves. You and I cannot be held responsible or accountable for other peoples' misconceptions in these areas. IOW, while the roughly 40 Hz fundamental of a bass viol is definitely low frequency, the transient attack, and the overtone structure that makes that bass viol unique, reaches far up the frequency scale, and if a cable changes the sound of a particular bass instrument, it's not the 40 Hz content of that instrument that's being affected by the cable, it's the high-frequency content that is being altered because losses in cable increase as the frequency increases. Now, I'm not arguing that these losses are audible or inaudible in the lengths of wire used to connect domestic audio systems together, but if they are, it's not due to the cable's low frequency performance, if you do the maths.

George