IGNORED

New Wadia 321 Decoding Computer

I have both the Devialet 170 an Wadia Intuition in for review. I agree 100% about the Intuition remote.

Very much looking forward to that. I've got both at my disposal, as well as the Wadia 321. Let's compare notes later on :)

I have to agree about the shortcomings of the Intuition remote. It's so obvious you wonder what they were thinking...

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone heard this DAC? For me it's between the Wadia 321 and upgrading my W4S DAC 2 to DAC 2 DSD SE.

Magnepan 3.7i speakers, REL S/3 sub, PS Audio BHK250 amp, Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSDse, Server - Atom N2800 motherboard, 4GB RAM, 500GB SSD running Windows Server 2012, Audiophile Optimizer 1.40 and JRiver MC 21.

I am also very interested in this DAC. At the moment I am planning a shoot out at home with the Wadia 321 and Auralic Vega.

Sonus Faber Amati Futura, Oppo 105 (transport), Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC, Brinkmann Bardo, 10.0 tone arm, Lyra Etna, Isotek Sigmas Evo 3, Nordost Valhalla cables, Stillpoints Ultra and Mini.

• 4 weeks later...

I inquired with Music Direct about purchasing the 321 and they say it's not out yet???

Magnepan 3.7i speakers, REL S/3 sub, PS Audio BHK250 amp, Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSDse, Server - Atom N2800 motherboard, 4GB RAM, 500GB SSD running Windows Server 2012, Audiophile Optimizer 1.40 and JRiver MC 21.

I just spoke to Wadia corporate in NY. The 321 have been shipping for a few weeks and my local dealer should be getting one soon.

• 5 weeks later...

Did anyone get a chance to listen to this DAC?

I intend to do so sometimes in July. But it is very quiet about this dac. There should be heaps of reviews out by now. Could it be that the reviewers have actively chosen not to publish their opinions since they did not find the dac up to par? I dont mind testers who only write about the stuff they find great. I would not want to buy a magazine filled with reviews of bad products. And I do think it works like that so....

But any way I will try one at home to see what is what.

Sonus Faber Amati Futura, Oppo 105 (transport), Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC, Brinkmann Bardo, 10.0 tone arm, Lyra Etna, Isotek Sigmas Evo 3, Nordost Valhalla cables, Stillpoints Ultra and Mini.

I intend to do so sometimes in July. But it is very quiet about this dac. There should be heaps of reviews out by now. Could it be that the reviewers have actively chosen not to publish their opinions since they did not find the dac up to par? I dont mind testers who only write about the stuff they find great. I would not want to buy a magazine filled with reviews of bad products. And I do think it works like that so....

But any way I will try one at home to see what is what.

Working with Wadia used to be easy. Now McIntosh is handling all things Wadia and it's a different story. They pulled the long standing banner on CA as well. When it's hard to work with companies reviewers simply move on to all the others.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Dealer in Richmond said that Wadia is shipping their 321 tomorrow...

Working with Wadia used to be easy. Now McIntosh is handling all things Wadia and it's a different story. They pulled the long standing banner on CA as well. When it's hard to work with companies reviewers simply move on to all the others.

You want to talk about hard to work with... The 321 arrived at the closest dealer to me in Richmond, VA yesterday. I asked them to ship it to me in Chesapeake, VA because I don't have five hours to drive back and forth to Richmond. I offered to pay for it in full, plus tax and shipping so I could do an in home demo. The dealer said they can't do that because their dealer agreement with McIntosh/Wadia does not allow internet sales and I would have to drive to Richmond. NOT HAPPENING!

You want to talk about hard to work with... The 321 arrived at the closest dealer to me in Richmond, VA yesterday. I asked them to ship it to me in Chesapeake, VA because I don't have five hours to drive back and forth to Richmond. I offered to pay for it in full, plus tax and shipping so I could do an in home demo. The dealer said they can't do that because their dealer agreement with McIntosh/Wadia does not allow internet sales and I would have to drive to Richmond. NOT HAPPENING!

Wow. They are trying to hold back the hands if time.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I saw a 321 internal picture capture from a Chinese magazine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13134[/ATTACH]

The Wadia DAC shares much of the design (all the digital part and PSU are the same) with the McIntosh D100.

This is definately NOT sth I would expect from a product with a Wadia logo :(

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

When I met with Livio Cucuzza at the Munich Hi End Show in May I asked him about the design of the DAC and the fairly big size. And he explained that the reason was to make the dac match the amp and streamer that is to be released soon (if they are not all ready out).

• 1 year later...

I just purchased this unit from my LD for 50% off as, I think, it is being replaced by the di322. If anyone is interested in heading in this direction I will explain why I pulled the trigger on a unit that is being phased out (besides the 50% off retail price).