IGNORED

Playback Designs MPD 3 Dac Only $3900 Includes shipping cont USA

Selling my MPD 3 Dac! This is the best I've heard and used.The sound is glorious. This plays the highest resolution files through usb.The unit is in Pristine condition, no pets, smoke free home, see the pictures below. I'm downsizing so the jewel in the crown has to go. I'll be selling other gear too.I'm asking $3900 including shipping within the Cont USA. I think it is a fair price. I'll ship in original double box with remote, manual, power cable and usb cable.

Most of you are familiar with this Dac but in case it needs an introduction check out the links and info below.

The new Playback Designs Series 3 products are revolutionary.

The Playback Designs Music Playback Digital to Analog Converter 3, also known as MPD-3, is a product that is totally unique in today’s market place. The MPD-3 is a world-class discrete dual differential DAC that can receive a variety of external digital sources, including computer based music servers – not only a unique and powerful combination, but also versatile in applications. Another unique feature of the MPD-3 is its ability to play back super high resolution files of up to 24/384kHz PCM and 6.1MHz DSD through USB off of either a PC or Macintosh computer. This is 32 times the resolution of players with the ability to play back 192kHz high resolution files.

Through the use of their newest apodizing upsampling filter for 44.1 and 48kHz sample rates, PCM never sounded better or more analog-like. Apodizing filters are special upsampling filters that compensate for some of the ringing effects caused by brick wall filters in the Analog to Digital Converters (A/D) used during recording. Depending on the recordings apodizing filters can provide audible improvements. This is not a new technology and is used mostly to improve reception signals from the edge of dish antennas (satellite). Since brick walls in A/D converters are akin to edges on dish antennas the same principle holds for digital audio and similar filters can be used in DACs with noticeable improvements.

As with Playback Designs' 5-Series products, they have a DAC built to the same standards as their MPS-3 CD Player. It is actually identical in every way except it does not have a transport mechanism. With more and more enthusiasts taking advantage of computer-based music, the MPD-3 might be the perfect solution!

Andreas Koch, Playback Designs | The Ear

http://www.bluelightaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Playback-Designs-MPD-3-Front.png

DSC01040.jpg

mpdsideview.jpg

Rear Inputs.jpg

Rear.jpg