IGNORED

Move to Mac? Maybe, if it's easy......

Chris and folks:

I'm considering options for a little later on to switch my main music server from my Vista pc to a Mac (mini). The Vista pc gets swapped to regular household duty and I get a new toy, with bit perfect output to my Keces USB DAC and tube amp system.

I know all about Macs by reputation but haven't really so much as played with one. I have a very basic question about the "conversion" process. All my music is in iTunes, ALAC on the pc.

Is this as easy as copying my music library to a USB hard drive, plugging it into the Mac Mini, importing the library, fixing some settings for playback, and good to go?

Or, is there some "conversion" I'm missing that I would need to go through to making this journey slightly more painful?

Second thing is nothing to do with the music, but instead the Mac Mini. Can I use my existing PC bluetooth keyboard and mouse with it? Everything I've read suggests yes, but I'd love confirmation. I assume my 42" LCD is an easy connect via the DVI/VGA output.

Advice needed guys, thanks

Hi Paul, nice to see you around here. I'll start off and others can jump in to share their experience and knowledge.

Is this as easy as copying my music library to a USB hard drive, plugging it into the Mac Mini, importing the library, fixing some settings for playback, and good to go?

99.999% YES. The .001% is that you use the Add To Library function not the Import function. I'm sure you would have had this under control, but I thought I'd make note of it for other readers.

The Bluetooth mouse and Keyboard should work with at least basic functions. For 100% functionality you'll need OS X Leopard drivers for the mouse and keyboard.

Your LCD should be no problem. I'm not sure about the quality of the picture, but that may not really matter for this purpose.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png