Sign in to follow this  
The Computer Audiophile

Aurender X100L

Hi Guys - The new Aurender X100L has arrived at CA! Many more details to come. I will cover the X100L in my W20 review coming soon. For now here are some photos.

6Y5A1843.png

6Y5A1833.png

6Y5A1831.png

6Y5A1849.png

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

VERY eager to hear your thoughts Chris.

Aurender S10--> Berkeley Alpha USB—> Meitner MA-1 --> Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Audio Research REF-110-->Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers

Sonore UltraRendu with Uptone power supply —> Meitner MA1

AQ Sky XLR Interconnects, Audioquest Diamond USB, Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB, Nordost Heimdall 2 AES-EBU

AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

HRS RXR Rack with Isolation Bases

You know Chris... IF you need help or a second opinion on the Aurender W20 review I would be glad to help... ;)

No electron left behind...

Is this a baby USB only Aurender?

How much is it?

Thanks!

Arcam rDAC / Oppo BDP-83 / NAD 315BEE / Totem Arro

Apparently it is a server (no DAC).

Judging from what I could see in Korean, the price will be something like $3300 for the model X100L with the large HDD.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>RPi4 (dietpi)>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: (1) CAPS Pipeline>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)>Schiit Freya>Kii Three .(2) CAPS>ifi iDAC SPDIF>Kii Control.

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup. Living Room/Kitchen: RB Pi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Apparently it is a server (no DAC).

Judging from what I could see in Korean, the price will be something like $3300 for the model X100L with the large HDD.

Its both a server (builds it's own database) and a player (and a network player also)...

Even the smaller one has a drive...They keep the same logic, a HDD and a SSD...

too complicated in my view...

Their software implementation is very good, I wish they would trim down in a simpler network-only streamer and remove all drives....

A comparison with the SOtM mini server+battery power supply will be much appreciated!

Did they manage to fix NAS issues ?

Adam

PC: Hot rodded CAPS v4 Pipeline: Teradak ATX linear PSU, Jcat Femto USB card, UpTone Audio JS-2 + 2x LPS-1.2 combo, Jcat SSD battery PSU, Jcat SATA cable, TotalDAC D1 USB cable, SOtM sMS-200, W4S Recovery USB, Jcat USB Isolator, Win 2012, AO v2.10

Digital: Lampizator Pacific DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Album art not showing when playig fron NAS.

Adam

PC: Hot rodded CAPS v4 Pipeline: Teradak ATX linear PSU, Jcat Femto USB card, UpTone Audio JS-2 + 2x LPS-1.2 combo, Jcat SSD battery PSU, Jcat SATA cable, TotalDAC D1 USB cable, SOtM sMS-200, W4S Recovery USB, Jcat USB Isolator, Win 2012, AO v2.10

Digital: Lampizator Pacific DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

I am very tempted by an Aurender X100L. Exactly the quality, functionality and user interface (iPad app) which I would like.

I have two questions - maybe someone knows an answer:

1) can I replace the 3TB HDs (in case one crashes)?

2) then there's the SSD with - I assume - the "OS" and additional necessary Aurender software. Can I backup the whole SSD (like creating an image)? Then I would - hopefully - be able to replace the SSD also if it crashes.

Chris: I'm not saying i believe in cable directionality, but isn't the arrow on your ethernet cable pointing the wrong way?

Yay!

Chris: I'm not saying i believe in cable directionality, but isn't the arrow on your ethernet cable pointing the wrong way?

Good question. I'm unsure. Ethernet communication is bidirectional. The Aurender sends and receives frequently. Not sure how the arrow "should" be placed :~)

Good question. I'm unsure. Ethernet communication is bidirectional. The Aurender sends and receives frequently. Not sure how the arrow "should" be placed :~)

Is that an aq cable? They say it should be placed the way the sound flows , so to speak. So arrow goes into the aurender:)

Yay!

Is that an aq cable? They say it should be placed the way the sound flows , so to speak. So arrow goes into the aurender:)

It's an AQ cable, but no audio flows on the Ethernet connection. All storage is local. Thus my conundrum :~)

It's an AQ cable, but no audio flows on the Ethernet connection. All storage is local. Thus my conundrum :~)

I see.. it's kinda like an audiophile vortexbox then. I guess you must have your reason to use internal storage. Does it sound better when using local storage compared to streaming from another NAS?

Yay!

Ok interesting, but what does a Aurender X100L compared to a Aurender S10?

I have a dCS Scarlatti converter without USB input, and use a MIT AES / EBU cable.

So I need a USB converter(Weiss INT204?) and a USB Cable and then the price is about the same.