IGNORED

Article: Magico LLC December 2013

Excellent article. I do believe Magico is creating great value for the price. More importantly, Mr. Wolf is saving me time and money since I am no longer cycling through speakers...buying, selling, auditioning. I have had the S5 speakers for over a year and am happier with them today than the day I bought them. Previously I owned monitors, floorstanders, Maggies and various other speakers...always appreciating the one or two strengths each brought to the party (e.g., wall of sound and speed of a Maggie, dynamics and imaging of a box speaker), but never really getting lost in the music. The Magico S5 speakers paired with Constellation Centaur amp, with ARC reference preamps fed with good vinyl upstream, makes for listening sessions where I am focused on the music and not the gear. And always a little startled by the sheer degree of the S5's finesse, detail, engagement, extension, power, dynamics, spaciousness, etc. The S5s are only fully brought to life with the right ancillary gear feeding into them - I've tried 4-5 different tube and solid state amps and preamps, and the Constellation amp paired with ARC tube preamps is the ticket for me. Recently I tried the little Air Tight ATM-2 80 wpc tube amp paired with the matching ATC-2 preamp, and was blown away with the quality of that sound as well. #2 best sounding pairing behind the Constellation/ARC combo. So, I was pleased to know tube gear could also bring the mighty Magicos to potential. I have nothing but gratitude and admiration for Mr. Wolf and the rest of the Magico crew. Well done. One day I hope to have the Q7s...something to aspire to. BTW, I have no affiliation to anyone or any company...just to my ears and my wallet.

Well "great value for the price" I would take issue with. You state you are no longer "cycling through speakers" yet then go on to state "one day I hope to have Q7s"

Look I know Magicos are wonderful speakers, not everyone's cup of tea and they weren't mine, BUT "value" is not a term in the dictionary to describe a Magico speaker.

In any case enjoy. It is a great thing when you can truly enjoy your music which is what it is all about.

We each have different ears and listening preferences, and the S5s are certainly appealing to a very wide range of listeners, so they are the cup of tea for many. Being happy with my S5s and knowing I have an aspirational speaker of the same DNA is completely different than cycling thru speakers. Seems you have an axe to grind even with those who are happy with Magico sound.

Axe to grind? Why because I question the veracity of the claim of value when it applies to Magico? Sorry, I am not a sycophant of any equipment manufacturer, so if I question the use of value in describing Magicos then I guess I do have an axe to grind in that regard.

Few products at this end of the spectrum can be described as "value" products, including the products I own and enjoy. I haven't lost touch with reality as it seems some have. But that's me.

I missed your most important contribution: In any case enjoy. It is a great thing when you can truly enjoy your music which is what it is all about.