IGNORED

Audiophile Optimizer Holiday Special announcement

Does JRiver run under Windows 2012 Server?

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Ted, are you now running Win Home Server on your CAPS?

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I'm just about ready to throw a dummy spit and ditch OSX for playback once and for all.. and the great things I'm reading in this thread are *nearly* pushing me over to the dark side: hahaha

First some background. I got rid of itunes as my media library a few years back after the itunes 11 debacle.. man I hate the itunes GUI now..

Then I went down the uPnP Minimserver route with an Oppo 105, only to be thwarted 50 meters from the finishing line when I discovered the Oppo wasn't (really) a uPnP player.. well not for DSD and gapless anyway..it was really a wolf in sheep's clothing..

Recently Ive got an e28 multichannel DAC and I can't be happy enough (with the hardware implementation that is);;

Trouble is the OSX software side..

Sure I've got it playing near perfect with A+... if it wasn't for the well know dropout's because my MAc's USB isn't powered enough.. not the mention you really need to use itunes to get the most of A+.. and I hate itunes..

Then thanks to TedB and the gang I discovered the wonders of JRiver library management. Trouble is with the e28 ATM JRIvr for OSX doesn't quite cut it.. (they are apparently going to start working on the bugs according to George from exasound)..

Does this quest sound familiar..??

GANG! Now the penny has dropped! Why don't I just move to a Zuma like CAPS with this WIn 2012 Server and Audiophile optimizer?.. Can you hold my hand with this process? hahahaha.. I'm going to need it.. Would a "Haswell" Gigabit Brix with i7 and 16GB RAM cut it?..something like this: http://www.gigabyte.com.au/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=1235 How much SSD memory would I need? Cheers...

Wap..

^Yep. That's me alright.. Ted and the Audiophile Optimizer gang. Is there a setting in the Optimizer to lower fan speeds? This Gigabit Brix thing is darn noisy. Wap.

Thanks Ted. I sent the Brix back anyway.. so it's back to the drawing board.. Hey can I ask another Q (sorry for all the Q'ns BTW), but can you load that Win 2012 .iso server over the top of Win8? If you do this will all the old Win8 applications or other software that you may have purchased for normal Windows still run?