IGNORED

Audiophile Optimizer Holiday Special announcement

As many here know already, Phil's Audiophile Optimizer, a most comprehensive Windows Server 2012 optimization program, is one of the most udnerrated and highly valuable tools for any computer audiophile. In a hobby where we think nothing of spending $1000s on cables and isolation tweaks, this Optimizer makes a HUGE difference when setting up a Windows 2012-based music sever. It has double the effect when run in a dual pc environment, as is found in dual pc Jplay setups.

Phil, with significant feedback from use beta users here on CA and over on Audio Circle, has created a menu-based set of optimization routines that ask simple questions and then automatically optimizes the OS environment for best audio playback. It is relevant to both a novice user (skip the questions and do automated setup) as well as more technically advanced power user (decide when and where certain drivers will be loaded, etc). All for 100CHF. Oh, and Windows 2012 can be obtained as a free trial license, and then rearmed every 6 months a couple of times (18 months is a lifetime in the computer audio world).

An Audiophile Optimized system has a much lower noise floor, less cpu overheard, better, more responsive playback performance, and overall more musically enjoyable tonality and detail.

Well, I feel strong enough about the benefits that I convinced Phil to give our readers a 20% Holiday offer. All you need to do is buy the Optimizer on or before Dec31, 2013 and use the code "tedb" in the Paypal referral button (see "add" button in screenshot below) and then during the following week he will refund 20CHF to all buyers who have used that code.

Here is the website to order from:

Highend-AudioPC | Order

Here are screenshots of how to enter the code:

Optimizer paypal.jpg

Enjoy 20CHF on me, and Happy Holidays.

(Editors note 1 swiss franc = 1.12 US dollars)

You'll want the Windows Server Standard Edition, trial copy here (GUI edition):

http://care.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/6/D/A/6DAB58BA-F939-451D-9101-7DE07DC09C03/9200.16384.WIN8_RTM.120725-1247_X64FRE_SERVER_EVAL_EN-US-HRM_SSS_X64FREE_EN-US_DV5.ISO

R2 is here:

http://care.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/6/2/A/62A76ABB-9990-4EFC-A4FE-C7D698DAEB96/9600.16384.WINBLUE_RTM.130821-1623_X64FRE_SERVER_EVAL_EN-US-IRM_SSS_X64FREE_EN-US_DV5.ISO

It is a 6 month trial with chances to rearm a few times. During that 18-24 month period you can find it for likely quite a bit less than $450, but Phil will know better. Sorry, I'm still on the activated trial edition.

Does JRiver run under Windows 2012 Server?

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Thanks ted_b, I just took advantage of your kind offer, after a very successful trial of Phil's Optimizer.

WD 2TB My Cloud NAS > Fanless Zotac Mini PC ZBOX > Paul Hynes Design SR5 PSU > Daphile > dB Audio Labs Tranquility DAC > Red Wine Audio 30.2 LFP-V with Miniwatt Dario E188CC Tube > KEF LS50

Ted, are you now running Win Home Server on your CAPS?

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Well that's a bummer. I purchased Optimizer about 3 weeks ago. Oh well. It's still worth it.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I'm just about ready to throw a dummy spit and ditch OSX for playback once and for all.. and the great things I'm reading in this thread are *nearly* pushing me over to the dark side: hahaha

First some background. I got rid of itunes as my media library a few years back after the itunes 11 debacle.. man I hate the itunes GUI now..

Then I went down the uPnP Minimserver route with an Oppo 105, only to be thwarted 50 meters from the finishing line when I discovered the Oppo wasn't (really) a uPnP player.. well not for DSD and gapless anyway..it was really a wolf in sheep's clothing..

Recently Ive got an e28 multichannel DAC and I can't be happy enough (with the hardware implementation that is);;

Trouble is the OSX software side..

Sure I've got it playing near perfect with A+... if it wasn't for the well know dropout's because my MAc's USB isn't powered enough.. not the mention you really need to use itunes to get the most of A+.. and I hate itunes..

Then thanks to TedB and the gang I discovered the wonders of JRiver library management. Trouble is with the e28 ATM JRIvr for OSX doesn't quite cut it.. (they are apparently going to start working on the bugs according to George from exasound)..

Does this quest sound familiar..??

GANG! Now the penny has dropped! Why don't I just move to a Zuma like CAPS with this WIn 2012 Server and Audiophile optimizer?.. Can you hold my hand with this process? hahahaha.. I'm going to need it.. Would a "Haswell" Gigabit Brix with i7 and 16GB RAM cut it?..something like this: http://www.gigabyte.com.au/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=1235 How much SSD memory would I need? Cheers...

Wap..

I'm just about ready to throw a dummy spit and ditch OSX for playback once and for all.. and the great things I'm reading in this thread are *nearly* pushing me over to the dark side: hahaha

First some background. I got rid of itunes as my media library a few years back after the itunes 11 debacle.. man I hate the itunes GUI now..

Then I went down the uPnP Minimserver route with an Oppo 105, only to be thwarted 50 meters from the finishing line when I discovered the Oppo wasn't (really) a uPnP player.. well not for DSD and gapless anyway..it was really a wolf in sheep's clothing..

Recently Ive got an e28 multichannel DAC and I can't be happy enough (with the hardware implementation that is);;

Trouble is the OSX software side..

Sure I've got it playing near perfect with A+... if it wasn't for the well know dropout's because my MAc's USB isn't powered enough.. not the mention you really need to use itunes to get the most of A+.. and I hate itunes..

Then thanks to TedB and the gang I discovered the wonders of JRiver library management. Trouble is with the e28 ATM JRIvr for OSX doesn't quite cut it.. (they are apparently going to start working on the bugs according to George from exasound)..

Does this quest sound familiar..??

GANG! Now the penny has dropped! Why don't I just move to a Zuma like CAPS with this WIn 2012 Server and Audiophile optimizer?.. Can you hold my hand with this process? hahahaha.. I'm going to need it.. Would a "Haswell" Gigabit Brix with i7 and 16GB RAM cut it?..something like this: GIGABYTE Updates BRIX Ultra Compact PC with 4th Generation Intel® Core How much SSD memory would I need? Cheers...

Wap..

Right behind ya Wap, I was on the DARKSIDE then when the machine died I went to the other side hearing all the goods, but never owning a Apple computer product, getting support is hard to find, but the DARKSIDE is looking better AGAIN, at least I know where stuff is and how to change/adjust it...

Oh ps, when I saw your uPnP thingy yet again this is for you 2591.gif

The Truth Is Out There

^Yep. That's me alright.. Ted and the Audiophile Optimizer gang. Is there a setting in the Optimizer to lower fan speeds? This Gigabit Brix thing is darn noisy. Wap.

Thanks Ted. I sent the Brix back anyway.. so it's back to the drawing board.. Hey can I ask another Q (sorry for all the Q'ns BTW), but can you load that Win 2012 .iso server over the top of Win8? If you do this will all the old Win8 applications or other software that you may have purchased for normal Windows still run?

Thanks Ted. I sent the Brix back anyway.. so it's back to the drawing board.. Hey can I ask another Q (sorry for all the Q'ns BTW), but can you load that Win 2012 .iso server over the top of Win8? If you do this will all the old Win8 applications or other software that you may have purchased for normal Windows still run?

wap,

I created a 20G partition on my win8.1 laptop and installed the Win2012 / Phils optimizer / Jriver /JPlay there. If you install on top of win 8, you will lose everything. It is best to do a clean install - afterall it is windows why carry all the baggage...

Now my laptop is dual boot and life is good. I keep all my programs under win 8.1 and test on the 2012 partition until i get a dedicated controlPC.

Eric

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

It's possible to dual-boot Win Server 2012 with Win 7 or Win 8 and run the OS's separately, but the point of running a dedicated audio server (or two) with Win Server 2012 is to have a little "computing" happening as possible so that the system can focus solely on delivering music to your DAC with perfect timing. AudioPhil's optimizer applied to Win Server 2012 takes that concept to extreme levels.

So, installing Win Server 2012 as an upgrade to Win 8, to keep your old applications is counterproductive and not recommended by AudioPhil.

If convenience is a priority, you could save trouble and expense by just running a Win 7 or 8 system, especially with the free Fidelizer app. It won't sound as good as a Win Server 2012 system, especially one with the Audiophile Optimizer, but it makes for an good compromise between sound and computing convenience.

Phil & Ted, please chime in if I have any of this wrong.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Hi

An Upgrade from Winodws 8 to Server 2012 ist techincally not possible. This will automatically make a fresh and clean Installation of Server 2012. A dual-Boot configuration on the controlPC is no harm to SQ. The important part is to do all daily stuff on the Windows 8 partition, and just use the Server 2012 Partition for the Music playback and nothing else. If one not yet has a separate machine for a control PC, then this is the best way to start with a Dual-PC config. The Procedure of creating a dual-boot Setup is also documented in my PDF Setup guide found here -> http://highend-audiopc.com/PDF/audiophile_optimizer_setup_guide.pdf

Another nice way of configuring a dual-PC Setup is to have the controlPC (Server 2012) in GUI mode, while having only the AudioPC in core mode.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Ok. I bought in. When I get home I will give it a go.

Happy New Year.

lee

AMR 777 DAC, Purist Ultimate USB, PC server 4gig SOTM USB, server 2012, Audiophil Optimizer,Joule Preamp LAP150 Platinum Vcaps Bybee, Spectron Monoblocks Bybee Vcaps, Eggleston Savoy speakers, 2 REL Stentor III subwoofers, Pranawire Cosmos speaker wire, Purist Dominus Praesto cabling, Purist Anniversary (Canorus)power cables and Elrod Statement Gold power cable, VPI Aries I SDS w/Grado The Statement LP, 11kVA power isolation, 16 sound panels and bass traps TAD,RPG,GIK and Realtraps